WDW From a Distance

DisneyJunkie

Original Poster
For the Florida locals and frequent nearby guests, I'm curious as to how far outside of WDW you can be and still observe the fireworks shows from the parks?

emcclay

With music or without? Can be see from Avalon Rd near Winter Garden, The Eye, etc. Florida is very flat. So, if you can find an elevated spot, you're most likely going to see them.

Raineman

I'm pretty sure on one of Tim Tracker's vlogs, they could see one of the fireworks shows at WDW when they were at Uni, although it may have been while they were on I-4 after leaving Uni.

OvertheHorizon

I stayed in a high rise hotel (Reunion Resort) once and was able to see the fireworks. However, at that distance, the burst of fireworks looked about the size of a nickle on the horizon. So "seeing" them and truly appreciating a fireworks experience are two different things.

mergatroid

Stayed on the 13th floor of the Marriot World Centre Hotel one time facing Disney. Could see the whole of Disney World and see all the fireworks from all the parks. Felt really quite privileged sat on my balcony having a drink and taking it all in :cool:

mergatroid

Thinking back, anyone remember the 'searchlights' they used to have at Pleasure Island and on top of the Chinese theatre in the Studios? Well back then you could actually see them from near Haines City heading towards Grene Lefe Country Club which is quite a way away to be honest :eek:

PrincessNelly_NJ

I'm pretty sure on one of Tim Tracker's vlogs, they could see one of the fireworks shows at WDW when they were at Uni, although it may have been while they were on I-4 after leaving Uni.
Yup, they were on the top of the uni parking garage. I believe it was the Frozen Fireworks.

WhatJaneSays

I live about 7 ½ miles (as the crow flies) from the center of Epcot. You can see the fireworks from the third floor of my complex and more often than not you can hear them. On sufficiently cold, clear, and quite nights you can hear some of the music as well. DHS is a bit over 6 miles and anytime they have fireworks it’s hard to miss them unless it’s foggy/rainy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom