WDW: FLA residents $25 a day!

WDW1974

Original Poster
Don't know if this has been posted as it's not hot off the presses news, BUT WDW (you know, the company that's not going to be discounting so massively according to The Weatherman) has an incredible ticket offer for FLA residents right now.

Four days: $99. Or roughly $25 a day.

That's one day in four parks, all dates from now through late May (with the exception of the two weeks around Easter/height of Spring Break). They can be made into hoppers for a small amount (I can't recall, but believe it's under $20).

kcnole

Is it something you have to use within 7 days of first use like many passes are, or does it allow you to use one day one month, another on another, etc... If so I might grab it and just make several weekend trips over the next few months.

Heavy Metal

My wife, stepson and I are thinking about making a 3 night, long weekend trip over there sometime in April. We were pricing it out last night and can stay at the Pop for less then $300 (way less) for the 3 nights, get this Fla. resident deal on tix and go for less then $700 (excluding food)...that's a GREAT price!
We were on the Disney site looking around, but does anyone know how we would be able to add (or if we even could) a dining plan option?

monkeysammich

My wife, stepson and I are thinking about making a 3 night, long weekend trip over there sometime in April. We were pricing it out last night and can stay at the Pop for less then $300 (way less) for the 3 nights, get this Fla. resident deal on tix and go for less then $700 (excluding food)...that's a GREAT price!
We were on the Disney site looking around, but does anyone know how we would be able to add (or if we even could) a dining plan option?

If its anything like the Military passes from last year... no, you can't add dining plan.

MissM

Is it something you have to use within 7 days of first use like many passes are, or does it allow you to use one day one month, another on another, etc... If so I might grab it and just make several weekend trips over the next few months.
Generally speaking the rule is that Florida resident tickets are always 6 months expiration after first use instead of 14 days. In this case, it's through May 25th regardless of what day you buy them on. (So it's not exactly a full six months of use.) Either way though, you could use a day in February, another in March, another in April and the last in May if you wanted. Our tickets are more flexible than non-resident tickets.

If you already have a one day not a park hopper pass...can you upgrade to this?:lookaroun

Please say yes. :lol:
Heh, doubt it. But I do know you can always upgrade these type of promos like the Play 3 Day or Play 4 Day specials to Seasonal or full AP's. It's quite a good way of paying for the AP in two parts as opposed to all at once. (The expiration date backdates however to the first day of use on the original ticket though.) Still, I've done it in the past just to get my foot in the AP door a little easier. ;)

EPCOT Explorer

Generally speaking the rule is that Florida resident tickets are always 6 months expiration after first use instead of 14 days. In this case, it's through May 25th regardless of what day you buy them on. (So it's not exactly a full six months of use.) Either way though, you could use a day in February, another in March, another in April and the last in May if you wanted. Our tickets are more flexible than non-resident tickets.

Heh, doubt it. But I do know you can always upgrade these type of promos like the Play 3 Day or Play 4 Day specials to Seasonal or full AP's. It's quite a good way of paying for the AP in two parts as opposed to all at once. (The expiration date backdates however to the first day of use on the original ticket though.) Still, I've done it in the past just to get my foot in the AP door a little easier. ;)
Ah, the AP Door....More like Pearly Gates! ;)

If I had known about this before we purchased 3 day passes, I would have done this. As it is, we only have one day left.

WDW1974

Original Poster
I am 99.9% certain the passes don't have to be used in any specific length of time (other than bought by 5/21 and have all four days used by 5/25).

It really is a tremendous deal for FLA residents who want to go and don't want to purchase seasonals/APs just now.

To answer Evan's question, I believe you'd likely be able to use the value of the one day you have to upgrade to this provided it is LESS (in your case, I think you may be out of luck since you have parkhoppers and a one-day hopper will set you back MORE than this Four Day Resident ticket ... you may be able to IF you get the special with hopper option ... so long as the second ticket is more than the first, you should be able to do this ... so it could be a phenomenal value ... it may wind up costing you about $8-15 to upgrade from a one-day hopper to a four-day ... you should defnitely call and you may have to ask more than one CM to get a straight answer. If for some bizarre reason they don't let you, my advice would be: put the one-days away somewhere safe for future use and buy the four day ... oh, and on the last day of use, I'd then take and upgrade the four-day to the weekday seasonal because that would only cost you about $35-40 for another YEAR! ... See, what you can do by playing Mickey's own discounting against him?)

EPCOT Explorer

I am 99.9% certain the passes don't have to be used in any specific length of time (other than bought by 5/21 and have all four days used by 5/25).

It really is a tremendous deal for FLA residents who want to go and don't want to purchase seasonals/APs just now.

To answer Evan's question, I believe you'd likely be able to use the value of the one day you have to upgrade to this provided it is LESS (in your case, I think you may be out of luck since you have parkhoppers and a one-day hopper will set you back MORE than this Four Day Resident ticket ... you may be able to IF you get the special with hopper option ... so long as the second ticket is more than the first, you should be able to do this ... so it could be a phenomenal value ... it may wind up costing you about $8-15 to upgrade from a one-day hopper to a four-day ... you should defnitely call and you may have to ask more than one CM to get a straight answer. If for some bizarre reason they don't let you, my advice would be: put the one-days away somewhere safe for future use and buy the four day ... oh, and on the last day of use, I'd then take and upgrade the four-day to the weekday seasonal because that would only cost you about $35-40 for another YEAR! ... See, what you can do by playing Mickey's own discounting against him?)

It's a perfect plan....But marred by the fact that on 5/25, I'll be taking a Final Exam, and the fact that I have to use my current one day hopper by June 19th.

Ain't the life of a Student grand, Spirit? :zipit: :lol:

lpet11984

Does anyone know, do you have to show proof of residency at the gate when you redeem the ticket, or do you only have to show it when you purchase the ticket? A friend of mine will be moving down shortly to live with another mutual friend-- the friend already down there wanted to get her a ticket as a surprise welcome gift, but wasn't sure if the recipient friend would have to have her Florida ID set up in order to use the ticket or not...?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom