WDW Fettucine Quest

PecosBill

Original Poster
My best friend is celebrating his birthday at Walt Disney World
this weekend and his favourite dish is Fettucine Alfredo...
As Epcot's original Alfredo's is shut and the Tutto Italia
replacement doesn't serve it, does anyone know where I might
be able to find at another on-property restaurant?

lilclerk

I got it at Planet Hollywood. It wasn't wonderful, but it was there. Looks like they've also got it here, though it's penne not fettuccine.

Minnesota

It made sound weird and I am not an expert but my husband and I had it at ASMo back in December. It was very good and around $9. It came with garlic bread and a breaded chicken breast.

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Not too much that I can think of.
Check Big River Grille and Cap'n Jacks.
I know Wolfgang Puck Cafe has it, and while I like it a lot, it has a bit more zing than other Alfredo's I've had.

I think they also have a number of pasta dishes at Pepper Market/Coronado.

All in all, not too many choices.

One other option is that you can call any of the restaurants that offer various pasta dishes and ask if they would be able to do an Alfredo for you.

George

Liker of Things
It made sound weird and I am not an expert but my husband and I had it at ASMo back in December. It was very good and around $9. It came with garlic bread and a breaded chicken breast.

Not weird at all. I've had the value resort fettucine alfredo, chicken breast, garlic bread thing several times. Very filling and tasty. The only drawback is about halfway through I have to hit my heart to keep the blood pumping.

daliseurat

If you are looking for the specific Fettucine Alfredo that was made at Alfredo's you are out of luck. They are the only ones at WDW who made it properly. Their dish was made from pasta, butter and reggio parmesan cheese. That's it. And it is very specific butter, that has the same melting point as the cheese. The butter and the cheeses melt together to form the alfredo sauce and the cooked pasta is quickly warmed in the pan. MAGNIFICENT. Most Alfredos you get are NOT like it. They are mostly a cream sauce with a low grade parmesan added to it. So, if you just want regular alfredo--do what they say above. But if you were looking for that SPECIFIC Alfredo, don't bother because you will probably be disappointed.

PecosBill

Original Poster
Thanks for all your help (and not making me search every friggin' WDW menu!) - In lieu of an any special substitute I believe I have him sold on a tasty meal at Raglan... Cheers!

tigsmom

If you are looking for the specific Fettucine Alfredo that was made at Alfredo's you are out of luck. They are the only ones at WDW who made it properly. Their dish was made from pasta, butter and reggio parmesan cheese. That's it. And it is very specific butter, that has the same melting point as the cheese. The butter and the cheeses melt together to form the alfredo sauce and the cooked pasta is quickly warmed in the pan. MAGNIFICENT. Most Alfredos you get are NOT like it. They are mostly a cream sauce with a low grade parmesan added to it. So, if you just want regular alfredo--do what they say above. But if you were looking for that SPECIFIC Alfredo, don't bother because you will probably be disappointed.

And that recipe can be found in our recipe thread in the Restaurant & Dining forum along with a discussion of the different types of alfredo sauces.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom