WDW Favorite Attraction Bracket Polls-Round #1-Group #2 of 8

Choose your 5 favorite WDW attractions out of these 10

• Total voters

jd12

Original Poster
We continue with the second group where you get to choose your favorite 5 WDW attractions out of the 10 proposed in alphabetical order.

We remind you we came up with a broader list of 80 Walt Disney World attractions ranked in 10 tiers to start the competition.
The first round features 8 groups of 10 contenders (1 randomly selected from each tier).

The first round will narrow things down to the Top 40. Top seed of each group gets a bye directly to the third round.

As we saw with group 1, we are in for some surprises and heartbreaking choices. And looks like the draw came up with a particularly tough group 2.

You also still have a little time left to vote for group 1 here: Rd #1-Group #1

Don't hesitate to put in a good word or words for your favorites!

Remember to CHOOSE 5

jd12

Original Poster
Four obvious choices so far (EE, PC, 7DMT and SE). Quite diluted after that.

My daughter and I have seen A Galaxy, Far, Far Away up close (literally in the first row) a few times and we just loved it! All those Star Wars characters and effects are so cool! You should plan to see it if you did not already have a chance to enjoy that show!

JIMINYCR

EE, PotC, 7DMT, SSE, GFFA. Have no interest in any M&G's, TriceraTop is a joke, Tiki room is OK but lesser than the other 5.

brideck

EE, PotC, 7DMT, SSE, GFFA. Have no interest in any M&G's, TriceraTop is a joke, Tiki room is OK but lesser than the other 5.

It'll be interesting to see if Dumbo fares significantly better than the other kid spinners because of nostalgia and/or ride environment, since they're all essentially the same physical experience.

I'm glad to see Tiki looking like it will advance so far. I enjoy all of the Walt-era show attractions for their catchy tunes and sing-along-ability. Even though they're all so very much from the '60s/'70s, there's something timeless about them for me.

I knew that M&Gs weren't super popular on this forum (which is why we've only included the FP+ eligible ones in this competition), but I'm surprised to see all three of the character-based attractions in this slate getting so thoroughly crushed. It'll depend on the individual matchups, but I voted for the Mickey & Minnie in AK one here because I've had multiple good experiences with it -- seeing the two mice together is always a good time.

jd12

Original Poster
Top 5 comfortably set! Thanks for voting and keep 'em coming!

Tiki Room settling in 5th...only have been there a few times back on our first few trips. Are we missing that much skipping it now?

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
Considering 7DMT was down for my last trip, GE and TSL hadn't been opened yet, gotta go with Everest and Pirates

jd12

Original Poster
Just put up Group 3!

Group 2 voting will remain open till Thursday night even if our choices are already quite clear.

bryanfze55

Pirates, Tiki Room, Expedition Everest, SSE, and Enchanted Tales with Belle.

It was close between ETwB and 7DMT, but I chose Belle. I’m not the target audience - my daughter is. And she loves it. But I can still appreciate the animatronics and special effects.

7DMT is underwhelming. The dwarf animatronics are great, the setting is pretty, but there’s no storytelling. I prefer the old Snow White ride. Could have been so much more.

brideck

Just one vote away from 100 and Spaceship Earth and Expedition Everest are still tied for 2nd. I'm surprised at just how well SSE has done here. Granted it's an enormously impressive edifice and is a great purely visual attraction in its own right, but I've never been a huge fan of the ride inside. It's telling that my favorite memory of it is my in-laws accidentally selecting Portuguese as the audio language and seething through the entire ride.

jd12

Original Poster
Official Results - Round #1 - Group #2

1576797986806.png

- Winner of group 2 Pirates of the Caribbean gets bye to Round 3-Top 24.
- Expedition Everest gets to tie-breaker (higher tier) for second place over surprising Spaceship Earth.
- Next two (7DMT and ETR) also advance to Round 2-Top 40.

Top 4 was in a different class. But top seed Everest got beaten by a classic in Pirates.
Spaceship Earth got a lot more love than expected and Mine Train a lot less.
Another classic gets the 5th and last qualifying spot quite easily.

Was personally hoping for a better performance from the Outpost but several M&Gs in the group did not help.

Continue to vote for Group #3
Group 4 will be posted soon.

Thanks again to all for your participation!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom