WDW Factory Seconds?

obi-wan-stitch

Original Poster
Hi, just a quick question I hope.

I've just bought a Disney item off eBay (saw them while at WDW in November, but couldn't fit one in my luggage to bring home!), but unfortunately, suspect that it could be a factory second (it wasn't advertised as such), if Disney do actually sell seconds?

If anyone knows and could please let me know that would be great - it has a black spot on the sticky label on the base, which I thought perhaps might be some indication?

:confused:

Thanks in anticipation!

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hi, just a quick question I hope.

I've just bought a Disney item off eBay (saw them while at WDW in November, but couldn't fit one in my luggage to bring home!), but unfortunately, suspect that it could be a factory second (it wasn't advertised as such), if Disney do actually sell seconds?

If anyone knows and could please let me know that would be great - it has a black spot on the sticky label on the base, which I thought perhaps might be some indication?

:confused:

Thanks in anticipation!

I guess it could depend on who the seller was.

jasondiff

Is there anything else besides the black spot that makes you think it is a second?
More likely it was just a closeout item at a Disney outlet, not necessarily a factory second.

tigsmom

Is there anything else besides the black spot that makes you think it is a second?
More likely it was just a closeout item at a Disney outlet, not necessarily a factory second.

That was my thoughts too. I've bought things with a black dot on the labels in the outlets before.

Maybe somebody took advantage of some good sales and is trying to make a few bucks.

obi-wan-stitch

Original Poster
It's just not quite what I'd call perfect - there are some blemishes to the finish, which to me look more as if thy occurred as part of the manufacturing process rather than afterwards...

obi-wan-stitch

Original Poster
...sorry, should have continued to say that I'm not bothered about any profit the seller has made (that's what's eBay is about after all!), so don't mind at all if they bought it at a reduced price (I bid on the item knowing that I was paying more than the original retail price), but just wanted to understand if WDW sell seconds...I'm just trying to decide if I mention the fact that it's not quite what I'd call perfect to the seller.

If it was a second, which wasn't mentioned in the auction, I'd feel that I had more grounds to go back to the seller for an explanation, that's all.

Many thanks for those who replied!

phichi17

...sorry, should have continued to say that I'm not bothered about any profit the seller has made (that's what's eBay is about after all!), so don't mind at all if they bought it at a reduced price (I bid on the item knowing that I was paying more than the original retail price), but just wanted to understand if WDW sell seconds...I'm just trying to decide if I mention the fact that it's not quite what I'd call perfect to the seller.

If it was a second, which wasn't mentioned in the auction, I'd feel that I had more grounds to go back to the seller for an explanation, that's all.

Many thanks for those who replied!
I am curious, I have had problems with an ebay seller of WDW myself, PM me if you want to share that info.

pacochran

My guess is they bought it at the outlets and is trying to make money off that. I have seen a couple of things that were at the outlets and then on Ebay for about the same amount. I think this is more the story and let me tell you the stuff makes it to the outlets fast. two years ago when we went in the begining of December, we went to the outlet at the end of our trip and the 2005 Disney Logo stuff was already making it to the outlet shelves.

cmatt

hmmmm i would suggest that if it was a factory reject that you would be able to make a point of emailing the ebayer for an explanation :)

Aurora23

When I worked at the original Disney Stores (not owned by Children's Place) there was no such thing as a factory second. If something had a flaw of any sort, it was destroyed. Not to be sold at a discount, nothing. It was considered "bad show" and not to be sold with the Disney name on it. Things might be different now, I don't know. I have bought several items at a couple "overstock" outlets. Both places had DL items. They would rent out an empty spot in the mall and sell things at a deep discount.

Captain Hank

Factory seconds aren't sold to guests, outlet or not. There is a place backstage where cast members can purchase damaged or defective items. I've been in there, but never bought anything. I don't recall any marks on the tags, though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom