WDW DVD?

Chrononymous

Original Poster
I was in Walmart yesterday just scanning the new DVD section, and happened to see one for WDW.
It's around 10 bucks, but I can't figure out what the heck it actually is!

Is it like those free vacation planners that they send in the mail, or is it something more?
Maybe like a tour of the parks? Something like the old Disneyland specials?

The back of the DVD isn't terribly helpful...there is some mention of a behind the scenes at the World, but I am still puzzled. I don't have the extra ten to spend right now...especially if it's the same sort of thing I already have.
Does anyone know what this is?

Those videos were pretty decent - I caught some on the travel channel and later on netflix. You probably won't learn much about them because they are, in essence, promotional videos. Some of the information will be a little out of date too. I was thinking they aired around 5 years ago and then checked the release date and it was 2002.

mollydtt

You can also stream them on netflix
Yes, Netflix is the way to go. I always wondered, though, if there were any other special features on the bluray edition beyond what has already aired on the travel channel or available for streaming from netflix.
Anybody know anything about this? My gut feeling is there are only the 4 regular "promotional" shows.

jlevis

I have that set. They are pretty good but in some cases they are dated. Good viewing when you need a fix.

JIMINYCR

I picked the DVD package up at WalMart and almost bought it, I wondered if it was the travel channel shows, then decided to wait, knowing someone here would post info on them. Glad I saved myself some money.

riverscu0m0

I have them, it's all pretty common knowledge (for those of us who are disney enthusiasts) things like the utlidors etc... like said above though- it's still good when you need a fix

CaptainShortty

Yes, Netflix is the way to go. I always wondered, though, if there were any other special features on the bluray edition beyond what has already aired on the travel channel or available for streaming from netflix.
Anybody know anything about this? My gut feeling is there are only the 4 regular "promotional" shows.

I have the set that came with the bluray edition. Nothing new, just the regular video that was shown on travel channel. As was said earlier, they're not going to teach you anything new but they're fun for the disney fix!

tare

Yes I think there are only the four--hopefully they will come out with a new one with all the changes to fantasy land!! Plus there is a land one too!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom