WDW during the holiday season

BalooInKZoo

Original Poster
Hi there, new to this forum.

I'm a long time WDW fan... first visit in 75 and now go 2 times a year...

I've never seen any of the holiday decorations at the parks. I always go in spring and early fall. I'm planning on going Nov 7th - 14th this year. Will any of the parks have their holiday decorations up this early?

Any info on that time of year would be welcomed...

Thanks

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Just MGM working on their installation of the Osbourne lights. That started last month.

Everything else magicly pops up the day after Thanksgiving.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Good news:

I think you're going during the Food and Wine festival. Tons of neat stuff to check out at Epcot for that.

bgraham34

Do they have a full staff working THanksgiving night to transform the parks. That would be a whole lot of people working the night shift.

Epcot82Guy

mousermerf said:
Good news:

I think you're going during the Food and Wine festival. Tons of neat stuff to check out at Epcot for that.

Actually, and HATE to be the bearer of bad news on this because F&W is my favorite time at Epcot, I think the festival ends the week before. But, check the schedule. It may overlap by a couple of days!

And, definitely schedule a trip during early-mid December if you can. The parks are quiet, and the decorations, especially at Epcot and the resorts are second to none. It's an amazing time to be at WDW.

Epcot82Guy

bgraham34 said:
Do they have a full staff working THanksgiving night to transform the parks. That would be a whole lot of people working the night shift.

It actually tends to start that whole week (and some resorts have theirs up the week before), but they quietly get the foundation work done and it really is an entire crew over two or three nights in each park. It's an amazing transformation. Food and Wine is the same way. Except for the buildings which require more in-depth deconstruction, the whole thing disappears in about 24 hours.

TINKPINK

We are going to WDW on December 14-19. Does anyone know what the crowds will be like during this time and what type of clothes do we need to pack? We have always went during the summer. Any help would be great. Thank You!!!:D

Mystic

I was at WDW November 2004, the week leading into Thanksgiving and the Lodge was fully decorated and they were in the process of decorating the parks. EPCOT and MGM had their trees but MK and AK didn't. The last day we were there which was the Tuesday of Thanksgiving week, they had the tree and garlands up on Main Street.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom