WDW deposit

ELG13

I just checked my account for a pay check I'm waiting on and noticed I had a WDW AP deposit. I know they mentioned reimbursement of payments from ..March or some other month when everything first happened but I thought it was strange to just now be seeing it..I didn't pay attention back then so I kind of assumed it just went in back then. Has anyone else gotten AP reimbursement??

crawale

I just checked my account for a pay check I'm waiting on and noticed I had a WDW AP deposit. I know they mentioned reimbursement of payments from ..March or some other month when everything first happened but I thought it was strange to just now be seeing it..I didn't pay attention back then so I kind of assumed it just went in back then. Has anyone else gotten AP reimbursement??
I am trying to find out either how many days they will add on to an AP or how much money will they reimburse if one is paid for. The CM at the passholder number have no clue - say it has not been determined. This is ridiculous as if they leave it until the last minute there will be no resorts left - DVC. Can you give me more details on what you had refunded? Did you ask for a refund? Were you given a choice of an extension? Since you have had some interaction with the system you might be the only one to answer the questions.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
I am trying to find out either how many days they will add on to an AP or how much money will they reimburse if one is paid for. The CM at the passholder number have no clue - say it has not been determined. This is ridiculous as if they leave it until the last minute there will be no resorts left - DVC. Can you give me more details on what you had refunded? Did you ask for a refund? Were you given a choice of an extension? Since you have had some interaction with the system you might be the only one to answer the questions.
I just know that at the beginning of everything, when they announced they would hold all monthly AP payments, they also said they would reimburse for the ones already taken (or possibility for the month prior...I can't remember now unfortunately the verbage). I didn't ask for my payments to be held, it was done automatically. So today I look and I had a deposit from WDW AP for $19.39 ....which I think is one monthly payment. I should also have $38 reimbursement coming as well if that's the case for our other 2 passes. We have 5 total passes (they all come at different times) so I think the other $38 payment hadn't come out yet when they decided to reimburse.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
CC credits and how long they take are a 2-3 part equation.

The first part of the equation is the retailer; in this case Disney. Them issuing the credit starts the ball rolling. Normally for something like a vacation cancelation it takes them about 24-48 hours to issue the credit. In this case, Disney did not really know what that credit would be until they had a firm re-opening date. Couple that with the sheer number of credits they have to issue and it is easy to see why it took so long for the first part to get completed.

Part two is the credit card company. They too take time to process a refund. Typically it falls into that common 24-48 hour time period, but some will go so far as taking an entire billing cycle to issue a credit. That is pretty rare, but it does happen.

The last piece, if it was on a check/debit card, is your bank. Again 24-48 hours is typical, but they can go much longer especially with higher amounts. It is not really applicable here, but 4 digit and up refunds can be shown as pending for a little while.

Upvote 0

ELG13

Original Poster
CC credits and how long they take are a 2-3 part equation.

The first part of the equation is the retailer; in this case Disney. Them issuing the credit starts the ball rolling. Normally for something like a vacation cancelation it takes them about 24-48 hours to issue the credit. In this case, Disney did not really know what that credit would be until they had a firm re-opening date. Couple that with the sheer number of credits they have to issue and it is easy to see why it took so long for the first part to get completed.

Part two is the credit card company. They too take time to process a refund. Typically it falls into that common 24-48 hour time period, but some will go so far as taking an entire billing cycle to issue a credit. That is pretty rare, but it does happen.

The last piece, if it was on a check/debit card, is your bank. Again 24-48 hours is typical, but they can go much longer especially with higher amounts. It is not really applicable here, but 4 digit and up refunds can be shown as pending for a little while.
That all makes sense....I was surprised to see it now since it was mentioned so long ago but I wasn't watching for it anyways. It makes me wonder when the payments will resume. From what I've read, Shanghai hasn't started yet, or atleast they hadn't when I read into it last week, since there are no guarantees on entry right now. It makes sense. You can't charge someone a monthly fee for something they can't get. I assume there will be a formal announcement when they restart.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom