WDW Dec. 17-23 2010

Wdwfreak62

I realize it is a long ways away. But my family and i are wondering if it is absurdly busy at this time or if because it is the week before Christmas the crowds don't arrive until Christmas week. I've heard that all of December is hectic but i could not think of any other place to ask this question. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
-Joe :animwink:

stlbobby

That week can be busy, as schools let out the parks and resorts fill up as the week goes on it will get busier.

The good news is WDW has so many extras and added entertainment at this time of the year the crowds don't seem as bad.

Upvote 0

disneystumbler9

Busy is a relative term

The period between 12/25 and 12/31 is the busiest period of the Mickey year. The week before 12/25 is crowded. During the week before Christmas unless you visit a park at when it opens expect lines. Take advantage of Extra Magic Hours in the evening. Skip Extra Magic Hours in the AM - be at a different park when it opens. We were there this year the week before Christmas and the wait times for Soarin', Test Track, Mission Space were all over 60 minutes. If this is your first visit and you don't mind crowds you will have a good time. Plan on going back to your hotel around 1:00pm and take a nap. Return to the park after 4:00pm when the crowds are leaving for dinner. The key phrase here is EXPECT LINES and you wont be disappointed.

Upvote 0

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Christmas falls on a Saturday this year, with the 23rd then being on a Thursday. You may actually get lucky and not see the "extreme" lines until the very tail end of your trip. Most school systems probably won't let out until the 21st or 22nd of December. So while it will get crowded as the week goes along, you may luck out a little with the calendar this year. But be prepared either which way....

Upvote 0

disneygirl1

Might be a little busy, but no where near the crowds that the parks will have the following week. I think you will me ok, as another poster mentioned, schools won't be letting out till the 23rd for the Christmas break.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom