WDW Comes to Chicago for The Holidays

Cmdr_Crimson

Original Poster
For us Chicago natives the Holiday's are pretty magical. And it will be getting better as Mickey & Co come all the way from Walt Disney World to celebrate the holidays and to light the lights down Michigan Ave for the Annual Magnificent Mile Lights Festival..Mickey & Minnie will be serving as Grand Marshalls and will be lighting the way to countdown every few blocks to the light the lights down Michigan Ave on a float of the Watertower that survived the great Chicago fire....The rest of the gang will be following Mickey & Minnie to kick off the Holidays in the Windy City..And it starts Saturday November 17th...
LightsFestival-Photo-Market.jpg

For more information on this event...Here is the link!
http://www.themagnificentmile.com/events/lights-festival/

I for one am excited since it's a little bit of WDW for me coming to Chicago...And then in January the characters return for Disney on Ice..and Then a day later I'm flying to WDW! So It's a triple combo for me!:D

Chrononymous

I have been to see this so many times! And it does exactly what it's supposed to do...makes you want to go to WDW!

That's actually a super photo, with the Watertower standing in for the castle!

maryszhi

i am going to be at the notre dame game :( i will tape it :) i went last year and this is pretty much the first time i am missing it :( but hey how could i pass up notre dame tickets :)Go IRISH :)

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
I have seen this so many times. It shares the same date with the IL School Board convention. The parade is right outside the hotel we have always stayed in. Very magical to walk out the door after listening to blah..blah..blah..from self appointed experts for 3 days and see Mickey go by on a float. The blah blah's just melt away.

awesomeinabox

Ugh the Christmas parade of doom! I kid, I kid. I always had class during the parade but would get to experience the aftermath. Word to the wise if you are going plan on long lines and super packed Metra and CTA trains filled with sleepy cranky children. Also, it's Chicago it's cold here so wear a coat and buy those hand warmer things for your kiddos.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom