WDW College Program

jimmything7

Original Poster
I'm looking for some first hand accounts of the disney college program. I'm going to college next year and I want to know if its worth it. I especially want to know if it ruins the magic when you're a cast member. Thanks

darthdarrel

Well I have never done the college program thing,but it`s obvious that being a cast member does not ruin the magic cause there are several cast members who are members of wdwmagic and are TRUE Disney fans though and through!:D

hail2pitt1103

You should definitely look into doing the college program, i absolutely LOVED mine. I went into it as a mild disney fan and if anything it multiplied the magic, not killed it. you start to notice the little things and all the attention to detail that disney puts into things and appreciate that. I met some great friends that I still regularly talk to and drive hours and hours to visit, got to be in florida for the spring, and went to some of the wildest parties, as any CP knows about but wont hear on the recruiting video =). if you have any questions dont hesitate to ask

ashleysmom

Definately do it!!!!!!!!!

I did the College program and it was the best thing I could have done! I met my husband there. We had a disney wedding and are now the proud parents of a little girl!

My time in the program was beyond words. I was there as a n opening cast member of Animal Kingdom. I lived at Vista Way and loved it. Get the 4 person apartment if possible. They are on the 3rd floor and have great layouts and views. Take your car if at all possible. They do provide transportation, but trust me, take your own car. The magic just gets more special because you feel like you are now a part of the magic. You will always have that feeling. We have since moved away, but go back to visit every 6 months. This will be our daughters 2nd trip and she is only 7 months old! You will never have another chance to make such an impact on your life.

Good luck

joefox97

The College Program is simply amazing... it will change your life... feel free to e-mail me if you want more details, but suffice it say, if you like Disney, and can handle doing the bidding of your master (a.k.a. managers), you will do fine, and you will have a great time. VERY few people I knew didn't enjoy their programs and over 90% of them wanted to return to do a second program... it really is a life-changer.

Joe
Rescue-Stranger... er, I mean Ranger &
MAC Host, a la Epcot, Seas-Imagination, FutureWorldWest
joe@wdwcpcentral.com

MicBat

I'll be able to give you first hand accounts when I get back in about a year or so... :lol:
But from what I've heard from just about everyone, it's one of the best experiences one can take.

Originally posted by MicBat
I'll be able to give you first hand accounts when I get back in about a year or so... :lol:
But from what I've heard from just about everyone, it's one of the best experiences one can take.

If you don't wanna wait a year for jonnie, feel free to email me anytime you like. I will try and respond as best I can, seeing as how I intend to work a lot.

Disneyanna0521

Account Suspended
Hey! I, too, will be going to college next year (well a year from this fall...after this school year) i am, as of last night, a senior in high school. (wow...that shocks me to say that- i dont want to be a senior:hurl: ) anyway, what college do yall think is best to go to? i mean i would LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE to work at wdw and go to college...the only thing is money...do yall think i should go to a community college then try to find a cheap 4 year college? i will be paying for it all myself. pm me or email me (disneyanna0521@aol.com) anytime

jimmything7

Original Poster
disneyanna...what kind of student are you...because it will depend on that for where you want to go to school. You should definitely talk to a college counselor at your school or something about this though...they will be better than a message board i would think. But im pretty sure that it doesnt matter where you go for the disney program, i think they take people from any school.

vicanne18

hail2pitt1103

..."and went to some of the wildest parties, as any CP knows about but wont hear on the recruiting video"

LMAO!

LOL, the things they don't tell you at the school presentations!!! Most CPs could probably make their own, much more true-to-life recriuting videos!

WendyDarling

Originally posted by joefox97
The College Program is simply amazing... it will change your life... feel free to e-mail me if you want more details, but suffice it say, if you like Disney, and can handle doing the bidding of your master (a.k.a. managers), you will do fine, and you will have a great time. VERY few people I knew didn't enjoy their programs and over 90% of them wanted to return to do a second program... it really is a life-changer.

Joe
Rescue-Stranger... er, I mean Ranger &
MAC Host, a la Epcot, Seas-Imagination, FutureWorldWest
joe@wdwcpcentral.com

when did you ever do the "bidding of your master"? :)

dreammaker

second chance???

Does anyone know how good your chances of getting in are if you have to turn down the wdwcollege program are and have to reapply a year later?

cm1988

Re: second chance???

Originally posted by dreammaker
Does anyone know how good your chances of getting in are if you have to turn down the wdwcollege program are and have to reapply a year later?
I would be surprised if they even keep application records once the successful candidates are chosen and begin work. If they do, I'd be further surprised if those records were searched when - in a subsequent year - another application comes in. I'd be dumbfounded if previous acceptance, politely declined, would count against a returning candidate.
Now if a person accepted then never showed up - and never notified anyone - that could be an issue. But the situation you described - being offered the opportunity and having to decline - would I think potentially make you a <i>preferred</i> candidate.

joefox97

Dreammaker,

You're in good hands...

I actually had to decline my first acceptance. I was then accepted for a year later's program. I loved my college program experience, and wouldn't trade it for the world.

The one thing I would suggest is to make yourself known to your recruiter - don't be a pest, but get to know them, and make sure they know that you are still interested, just for whatever reason, having to decline...

My recruiter and I talk about once every week or two just so I can keep in touch and so she will remember me.

Definitely go and re-apply when the time is good for you to go - it's an experience you won't forget!

Joe Fox

dreammaker

Thanks for the insight. Im going to email mine and let her know. So the decision on who gets in, is that soley up to the recruiter? Are they the ones who assign roles too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom