WDW CM arrested for child ...

The Duck

Original Poster
... under unusual circumstances. :eek: http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...disney-child--pastor-20130515,0,6419109.story

GSP Guy

Absolutely disgusting! But I have an additional question...what does this say about You Tube? Perhaps there is something technological that I don't understand but I know they can remove videos because they have been forced to in the past due to copyright infringements (see UFC).

The Duck

Original Poster
Absolutely disgusting! But I have an additional question...what does this say about You Tube? Perhaps there is something technological that I don't understand but I know they can remove videos because they have been forced to in the past due to copyright infringements (see UFC).
I doubt that he was actually looking at YouTube and if so, the Or-Sen will probably make a retraction. YT allows skimpy clothes but no graphic nudity and certainly no graphic sex. The perv was probably looking at a real kiddie site and the reporter mistakenly called it YouTube. Just my best guess.

GSP Guy

I doubt that he was actually looking at YouTube and if so, the Or-Sen will probably make a retraction. YT allows skimpy clothes but no graphic nudity and certainly no graphic sex. The perv was probably looking at a real kiddie site and the reporter mistakenly called it YouTube. Just my best guess.
Thank you...I am admittedly technically challenged!

GoofGoof

Premium Member

My guess is he originally saw a video on you tube with the girl that was probably not ographic. It said he sent her a private message and asked for more private videos. Those were probably the ographic ones. It said he tried to access several blocked sites too so he was probably into more than just youtube videos. Sick either way.

Tim_4

If true, this is despicable, but for some reason the article doesn't pass my sniff test. A while ago the Sentinel ran a headline implying that a Disney cast member was fired and arrested for "sexually abusing a child." Turned out it was a 20 year old having sex with his 17 year old girlfriend. While technically a sex crime, I don't think it rises to the level of pedophilia that the Sentinel was hoping people would assume it to be. They've been known to dramatically sensationalize stories to demonize Disney, Universal, politicians, etc and then issue corrections once the damage has been done.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Was someone actually fired/arrested over this? If so, that is beyond stupid.
Each state has different laws - who can have sex with who and at what ages. It must be illegal in Florida. It's legal in my state though. Just think this poor guy will now be place on the sex offender registry as well.

R W B

That's crazy. If it is true that's really sad too.

Which is why I think it's a gross overreaction, especially if it was consensual.
My friends dad is a registered sex offender because he was 20 and had sex with a 15 yr old....btw who he has since been married to for numerous years now. The 15 yr old was his girlfriend and now his wife. They joke about it today but he's still a sex offender, he's tried to get it removed from his record but hit hasn't happened yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom