WDW Cell Phone Reception

Irrawaddy Erik

Dan .....congrats on the CP

I have cingular and i get great service pretty much anywhere....although disney buldings seem to be made out of lead sometimes b/c its hard to get service inside but other than that i can actually get service at the MK timeclocks (ask anyone else who works at mk and they will tell you how amazing that is)

congrats again

(ps do you know what role you have yet)

bamboo7

Original Poster
Originally posted by mktiggerman
what provider?

since i don't currently have a cell phone, i am open to reccomendations/warnings about any providers you might know about.

Worldphile

I've only been to WDW as a guest, but my Nextel has had a good signal in most places. Outdoors, in the parks, I always had a signal.

Try to find out if Disney's IT staff uses a cetain brand of cell phone. If they do, that might be the one to go with since it will most likely have good service all over the property (or at least everywhere the IT staff needs to go. :D )

jcrb

I'm a guest and I get good coverage with verizon.

I think almost all the carriers would be good on WDW. Heck it the number 1 tourism destination.

Testtrack321

Originally posted by jcrb
I'm a guest and I get good coverage with verizon.

I think almost all the carriers would be good on WDW. Heck it the number 1 tourism destination.

I use that and when I was there it always works good.

Nineinchnailsmk

i have cingular. i absolutely hate the service, and ive called their customer service 5 times in 5 months, however i had great reception in WDW. Im personally looking into NEXTEL phones. Kind of off topic, but its great for me and my fiancee. we'd share 700 mins (national-free long distance), billed per second after the first minute, unlimited nights and weekends, unlimited direct connect (walkie talkie) between our two phones, all for 70 or so a month. cheaper than cingular. not to mention our calls are like this: "hey..whats up....da da da" and the direct connect would be wonderful, hence we run out of minutes at the end of the month. the only problem is that the nextel phones run on all digital network, and reception is very scattered. im sure it would work in wdw, but since i ilve in chicago and her family is in the farm lands of illinois, we may not get service out there.

sorry a little off topic....anyway, good luck with finding a phone. its a tough thing....

check out www.letstalk.com

that will help too, they also have great deals...

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
WDW IT uses all of them.. lol.

IMO, Nextel has the best service, but are extremely pricey. I'd just get the $99 all you can talk plan from AT&T and don't worry about long distance from your CP apartment

MicBat

I had Nextel and I was, surprizingly, able to talk to my parents in Louisiana, with the "walkie talkie" feature they have on those phones while we were on Grad Nite.

isnet396

I didn't read anyone's posts yet, and I don't know about clarity in LBV, but I had VoiceStream (Now T-Mobile) with 2 Nokia 3390 gold phones, and I couldn't even get a signal INSIDE MY HOUSE. When we tried to terminate service early, they tried to make us pay $400 ($200 for each phone). A call to the FCC cleared that one up!

Now, I have AT&T and a Nokia 6360 phone...love it....AT&T and Verizon Wireless are the only real competitors. If you want stylish and chic, go with ATT.

Ian

Sherm00

dosn't quite matter about the provider because most cell phones will roam. you want one with enough power. stay away from audiovox because they have a very bad power rateing and tend to be staticy. get a TRI-Band phone (digital, analog, and PCS) so it will roam over the 3 diffrent types of towers available. CDMA(digital) 800 and analog 800 MHz sre probubly as low as you would want go. and even that low is very limiting. I am not sure with PCS, that is the new standard but I beleive the power rateings should be GSM 900/1800/1900 MHz. CDMA (digital) I think you can get up to 1900/2400 Mhz. and analog I think up to 900 Mhz. Hope that helps.

wdwfan4eva

...stay away from audiovox because they have a very bad power rateing and tend to be staticy. get a TRI-Band phone (digital, analog, and PCS) so it will roam over the 3 diffrent types of towers available. CDMA(digital) 800 and analog 800 MHz sre probubly as low as you would want go. and even that low is very limiting...

AUDIOVOX is a very good phone. In my seven years of cell phone experience, I've always had an AUDIOVOX and never had a problem with it, especially since I got my CDMA one last year. I also have Verizon and never had a problem with my service. The only problem you might encounter is reception in a building. I was down there two weeks ago and found the reception in my room horrible but the second I stepped outside it was okay. :p

mickeykid79

Im sorry to say, but i have Verizon and i had bad reception throughtout the park. Someone commented to me that AT&T had the only cell tower in the area. So maybe you should try M-life. All in all verizon is good company. I just has bad reception every time I go

Sherm00

Originally posted by wdwfan4eva
AUDIOVOX is a very good phone. In my seven years of cell phone experience, I've always had an AUDIOVOX and never had a problem with it, especially since I got my CDMA one last year. I also have Verizon and never had a problem with my service. The only problem you might encounter is reception in a building. I was down there two weeks ago and found the reception in my room horrible but the second I stepped outside it was okay. :p

you might just have lucked out then. Audiovox usually rates the lowest on the scale of cell phones. I always stick with Motorolla or nokia for the best cell phone. and like I said it dosn't matter the service, I have verizon and when I am not in a verizon area it roams onto AT&t or cingular networks, all depends on if there is a tower for your provider in the specific area. look at the power rateings. a phone withe a better power rateing regardless of the company you go with is going to be very good.

isnet396

My dad had an audiovox back when cell phones were beginning to get popular...he's had a Moto for about 6 years though now, on verizon...and loves it...I have AT&T, like i've said before, and I have a nokia, and I love it. Its just a matter of interface basically. I'd go with mn Nokia for "most user friendly award". Moto really wastes a lot of its space with the V60 with those damn sidebars and margins.

I have AT&T and my mom has Sprint. Both worked great throughout a majority of the Disney and Orlando area. I used to have Sprint but had to drop them because there is a dead zone in my area, and they refused to look into it. Other than that both are quite good in my opinion.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom