WDW Bus Driver Job Questions

Stitch826

Original Poster
I graduated college with a Bachelor's degree in 2013. It is my dream to one day work for Disney, preferably at Walt Disney World in Florida. (I currently live out of state.) Disney has a college program, but one must be currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate (within six months, I believe) in order to participate. They also have professional internships, but it appears they have the same requirements of being enrolled in college.

Does anyone here have any experience applying for and/or working for Disney as a bus driver? They are currently advertising that position and though it does not match up with my college major, I believe it would be a good way to get my foot in the door with the company. The posting says that Disney will cover the cost of CDL training. If you have worked for Disney as a bus driver, do you recommend it? Did you have a CDL before applying, or was this your first experience getting your CDL license/driving a bus? What kind of hours/schedule do you receive? What is the interview/hiring process like if you apply online and live out of state?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Driver

I graduated college with a Bachelor's degree in 2013. It is my dream to one day work for Disney, preferably at Walt Disney World in Florida. (I currently live out of state.) Disney has a college program, but one must be currently enrolled in college or a recent graduate (within six months, I believe) in order to participate. They also have professional internships, but it appears they have the same requirements of being enrolled in college.

Does anyone here have any experience applying for and/or working for Disney as a bus driver? They are currently advertising that position and though it does not match up with my college major, I believe it would be a good way to get my foot in the door with the company. The posting says that Disney will cover the cost of CDL training. If you have worked for Disney as a bus driver, do you recommend it? Did you have a CDL before applying, or was this your first experience getting your CDL license/driving a bus? What kind of hours/schedule do you receive? What is the interview/hiring process like if you apply online and live out of state?

Thanks in advance for your advice.
I have walked many people through the process...... so let's start. You can go through the application process on computer, you do not need to have a CDL to apply or start it is all done in house. There are PT and FT positions available, PT is typically 18 hrs. p/week at night. FT can be close to 60+ hrs per week 6 days p/week. There is no such thing as seasonal in WDW busing, you must work year round. I came here with a class A CDL with many endorsements I was actually over qualified. You only need a class B with passenger endorsement. You must have a FL license and a squeaky clean driving record, a clean background check, drug free, and good credit.... yep you read that correctly good credit. If you need more details I suggest you PM me.

BrownHP800

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have a phone interview for a Disney bus driver next week and would love to know what questions they may ask so I can at least do a little research and make an intelligent answer. Or any other tips to help. I am out of state but if I obviously get the job I will be relocating to Florida and get my FL license. @Driver

Driver

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but I have a phone interview for a Disney bus driver next week and would love to know what questions they may ask so I can at least do a little research and make an intelligent answer. Or any other tips to help. I am out of state but if I obviously get the job I will be relocating to Florida and get my FL license. @Driver
The questions they ask are basic things about you personally. Like do you have any tattoos? Where are they? Can you easily cover them? Any missing teeth? Any gold teeth? Beard? Length of hair etc. etc.
If you have any specific questions please PM me. I will check often over the next 24 hrs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom