WDW Bedroom?

nthebulln7

Original Poster
Hi All!
So I am redecorating my bedroom very shortly and I really want to give it that WDW feel without being too childish. You know like maybe a boardwalk or yacht and beach club design. What I'm asking is.... does anybody have any good ideas for me to use? Any paint colors or designs would be greatly appreciated! I have some ideas but nothing really good yet... so why not ask all you wdw maniacs like me! Thanks!

urbanvegan

Maybe you could find some of the old resort furniture through Mouse Surplus or Property Control, if you are into that. I personally am not in to furniture used by strangers.

I guess the easiest way to do it in a sophistcated manor would be to choose a specific resort's motif and emulate that style.

Personally, I have mostly modern furniture, so I like to use Magic Kingdom attraction posters (from Art of Disney) in simple black frames. I don't really do knick-knacks.

krankenstein

I painted my wall red and yellow (the colors of Mickey's clothes). I have a collage of pictures from various trips, my Animal Kingdom Happiest Celebration sign, Animal Kingdom opening day poster on the wall. My mouse ears are above my window, Figment and Graduation Mickey plushes on my bookshelf. Nothing like the office the guy above made or the TOT bedroom thread that is floating around on the boards, but it is enough to bring a bit of the world home to me. If you want some pictures of my room I can post them, but I think you want something more elaborate.

daringstoic

My Mom painted a mural of the Castle on my sister's wall. It's not great, but you get the idea. We also used stencils and stamps to make a border alternating between Mickey heads and gloves. She also has a picture frame with 4 openings in it that she filled with the shiny post cards from each park.
For my own room, I ordered those free customized maps from the Disney website (I had to wait 6 months to re-order a second set, since they print them back-to-back). I plan to frame them and hang them in my room, as they are very pretty and remind me of old-fashioned treasure maps. I'm also in the process of making myself a shadow box of my WDW and CP memories. I'm going to put my graduation mouse ears, some pictures, my stuffed Brer Rabbit, my brother's old monorail train, and a few other mementos. I also snagged my sisters Disney Mr. Potato Head pieces from Once Upon a Toy when she was getting rid of them, so now I have a Mickey ice cream bar, the Buzz Lightyear car, and other fun things. You could put an old T-shirt in, the mini ride vehicle models they used to sell, and other knick-knacks that you've collected. I like the shadowboxes because you can make them exactly the way you want them.

ChrisQ

A few years ago, I was going to make myself a home office in a "Disney All Grown Up" theme. I got some blueprints of attractions on ebay, and I planned on printing some of my WDW pictures on canvas and things like that. A job change took away my need for a home office, so I abandoned the idea. Come to think of it...my bedroom is due for a makeover; maybe it's time to resurrect the theme!

Hello to a fellow Georgia boy, by the way... :wave:

lilclerk

I need to start my collection of attraction posters that I've been meaning to start for like years now. I'll frame them and put them in my future living room. Other than those, I already have several photo frames and I get a coffee mug just about every trip. They'll be around the house as well.

nthebulln7

Original Poster
I like all of those ideas! I have have a large HM attraction poster already framed and I have the smaller version of the tomorrowland poster i have to get framed. I also have some nice small postcards framed that would go really well too. I mean i just turned 20 so I kinda want to make it an adult feel disney. The hard part is picking a dang color to paint the walls lol!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom