WDW Backstage Magic -Sep 2nd

:sohappy:
I just made reservations for the WDW Backstage Magic tour on Sept 2nd.
:sohappy:
Just wondering if anyone has any comments/suggestions...
Have you been on the tour?
If you had a question to ask what would it be?

I've been on The Disney Institute's Management Seminars, Key's to the Kingdom, and Behind the Seeds. Of course they told me not Cameras or Cellphones; I wonder if they would allow an audio recorder? I guess I'll have to take alot of notes to remember all the statistics throughout the tour...

brkgnews

Congrats! It's a wonderful tour. It really makes you appreciate all the hard work that goes into creating the magic. I took it in September of last year and had a blast. I doubt they'll let you take any kind of recording device. They let us take a camera (this varies by guide, so don't bet the farm on it), but ONLY if we agreed only to take pictures while onstage. (If they do allow you to take a camera, they'll let you know when it's OK to take photos).

Upvote 0

Mystic

My mom and I took this tour on our trip back in 2003 and absolutely loved it. Make sure you have photo id on you at all times though because they will ask for it. We had a security guard come on the bus at MGM and check our ids. Also like brkgnews said, don't count on being able to take any kind of camera or recording device with you. We were not allowed cameras or anything on our tour and we spent the majority of our time 'backstage' as opposed to 'onstage'. Just sit back and enjoy the experience. Some things are just better if you forget the gadgets and just enjoy the experience.

Upvote 0

JerrySchauer

Original Poster
Well, when I took the Keys to the Kingdom tour in May 2005; our group of seven was able to take our cameras with us. We were of course advised to stow them each time we left the stage and everyone respected the terms. As much as I'd like to take pictures, I am not a rebel and prefer not to miss the real experience.

I'll just have to bring a pen and notepad... it too will probably stay stowed away the whole time as well.

Upvote 0

mousermerf

Account Suspended
TAC said:
Wow, things have changed.

I took the tour in 2000, and you could bring a camera, but the guide told you where you could take pictures and where you could not.

The year 2000 is the reason, security has been beefed up since then. Pictures of major backstage areas were always taboo, but after 2001 they had a real reason to worry about people knowing exact locations of things.

Upvote 0

AkiraRaptor

Meega, nala kwishta!
Be prepaired to be on your feet for the majority of the day. They do bus you from park to park, but for the most part, you will be walking and standing.

My feet were killing me. Deffinatly spent more time on my feet than a normal day at Disney.

But it was a wonderful tour. The most in depth and informative I've been on at Disney. It's just so long and tiring by the end of the day. The shop tours section (metal, wood, animotronics, etc) were the best part for me. I love to see how they build things.

You'll have a great day. Have fun!

Upvote 0

odisneyfan

backstage magic

i went back in1998 i loved it you get so much info on how disney is run. i love getting to see the backstage areas.if you love disney you will love this tour. i am going sept 6th. i can not wait its the one thing im doing for myself. my kids are old enough to go to the parks by themselves now. so i have a little freedom. and no cameras or recording material is allowed. the first time i went you could take pictures at certains spots but i guess after 9/11 they are not taking any chances can't really blame them. anyway enjoy the tour

janet

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom