WDW Area Breweries

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
I hope this is the right-ish forum for my question, if not I apologize.

Due to a late flight home that I hadn't anticipated, we have some surprise lengthy down time the last day of our upcoming April trip. Normally we don't have a rental car so we don't venture off property, but this time we will so we thought it might be fun to explore our second favorite (after Disney, of course) past time of brewery hopping.

Any locals have recommendations within say 30-45 minutes of WDW and/or MCO? Hazy IPAs are our jam, but really we just like checking out new places so all ideas are welcome.

TIA!

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Sideward is about half hour from MCO, Homestate is about 15 minutes from WDW, Windermere Brewing is about 20 minutes from WDW.

mkt

Premium Member
Alrighty, I'm more awake now. Additional breweries worth checking out within the 30/45 minute range of WDW and MCO.

Tactical Brewing is probably Orlando's top brewery right now, and is located within the 45 minutes of both. Additionally, if you want beer and food choices - Crooked Can is about 30 minutes from WDW and 45 from the airport (in different directions), and has loads of food choices plus a good open air space.

Now, if you can hang with "just" craft beer bars, one of the best ones in the country is in Orlando - Redlight Redlight, about 45 minutes from WDW and MCO. It is worth the shlep though, as it's one of the one places you can get Cantillon bottles in the US year round.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Alrighty, I'm more awake now. Additional breweries worth checking out within the 30/45 minute range of WDW and MCO.

Tactical Brewing is probably Orlando's top brewery right now, and is located within the 45 minutes of both. Additionally, if you want beer and food choices - Crooked Can is about 30 minutes from WDW and 45 from the airport (in different directions), and has loads of food choices plus a good open air space.

Now, if you can hang with "just" craft beer bars, one of the best ones in the country is in Orlando - Redlight Redlight, about 45 minutes from WDW and MCO. It is worth the shlep though, as it's one of the one places you can get Cantillon bottles in the US year round.
Thank you so much! Really appreciate it.

I think we'll probably hit up Windemere Brewing first, then cut across to Tactical and Sideward. Maybe try to squeeze in Redlight Redlight too while we're in the general area before heading to the airport because it sounds pretty amazing.

Our flight isn't until 9:15 PM and I don't feel like re-arranging the whole itinerary to add an extra Disney day at this point so we have an entire day to work with. I'm very excited.

mkt

Premium Member
Thank you so much! Really appreciate it.

I think we'll probably hit up Windemere Brewing first, then cut across to Tactical and Sideward. Maybe try to squeeze in Redlight Redlight too while we're in the general area before heading to the airport because it sounds pretty amazing.

Our flight isn't until 9:15 PM and I don't feel like re-arranging the whole itinerary to add an extra Disney day at this point so we have an entire day to work with. I'm very excited.
Windermere Brewing is small local brewery - not many out of towners come there - but the beer is solid, and if you've got any little ones with you, they have a HUGE backyard where they can run around. We have a toddler, and that's one of our favorites.

Also, next door to Sideward is a small Italian deli called Stasios (in the same building), and it is legitimately awesome.

mkt

Premium Member
New York Beer Project in Winter Garden/Windermere, fairly quick and straight shot up the 429. Crooked Can also good but a longer drive.
Crooked Can is good for sure, but NYBP has a C health rating, so I'd avoid them.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Crooked Can is good for sure, but NYBP has a C health rating, so I'd avoid them.
Oh my, thanks for the heads up on that one! Being from NY I was curious as to what is NY about it so I probably would have visited.

Will add Crooked Can to the list though.

beergeek777

Yeah I looked it up after replying. Looks like they have three NY locations. Maybe to be safe I'll just check out one of those haha.
The health inspection thing is just untrue 😂 not sure where people get this stuff. NYBP is fabulous. One of the best breweries AND food in central FL.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
The health inspection thing is just untrue 😂 not sure where people get this stuff. NYBP is fabulous. One of the best breweries AND food in central FL.
Funny timing bringing this up! Just this past weekend we were watching the New York State Craft Beer awards, and NYBP won a bunch of medals. I couldn't figured out why the name sounded so familiar knowing I had never been there. Eventually it clicked that it was from this thread.

So all that said, I may have to add it to the list. I it award-winning, after all.

beergeek777

Funny timing bringing this up! Just this past weekend we were watching the New York State Craft Beer awards, and NYBP won a bunch of medals. I couldn't figured out why the name sounded so familiar knowing I had never been there. Eventually it clicked that it was from this thread.

So all that said, I may have to add it to the list. I it award-winning, after all.
Thats crazy. I just looked it up...they're in Forbes magazine as the top 5 IPAs in NYS! Can't speak to trying that one as I don't think it's on tap in Orlando. But Destination (their flagship IPA) is amazing. Food is also incredible. Their mozz logs are the most insane I have ever seen and wings are the only wings I have had outside of NY that are true Buffalo wings.

Yodasnuggs

Original Poster
Thats crazy. I just looked it up...they're in Forbes magazine as the top 5 IPAs in NYS! Can't speak to trying that one as I don't think it's on tap in Orlando. But Destination (their flagship IPA) is amazing. Food is also incredible. Their mozz logs are the most insane I have ever seen and wings are the only wings I have had outside of NY that are true Buffalo wings.
Alright, you have me super intrigued with these wings.

If I get sick on my flight home, I'm coming for you!! 🤣

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom