WDW Annual Pass

Coronado

An upgraded pass has the same expiration date. The amount that is payed is based on the difference between the original and the upgrade per year and the fraction of the year that remains. Did that....paid the differnece..... glad I did.:p

disneydentist

We only go once per calendar year and use annual passes. We never get renewals, only new ones. In 1999 we went at Thanksgiving and in 2000 in early Nov. This year we leave in two days and next year we go Thanksgiving week. This way we got four trips of 7-8 days spread over 4 years for only the cost of two APs.:animwink:

James123

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Re: Re: WDW Annual Pass

Originally posted by MrPromey

how did you get it down to $175.00? Even with FL residents and a renewal it still cost me about $280.00 with tax.

Well, to make a long story short, while I'm not a Florida resident I am a member of the Disney Club. I also work for a company that recently bought another company that has had a long time partnership with the Walt Disney Company. So instead of having to pay about $350.00 for an annual pass, I was able to get one for $175.00. Also since I got $50.00 in Disney dollars, my annual pass really cost me $125.00 It works out to about a 64% discount. I got about the same deal on my stay at the AKL.

My family and I go to WDW about 4 to 6 times a year and we like to stay at different WDW resorts each trip.

I took my family to WDW in January 2001. We bought annual passes because we were staying on-property (as DVC members tend) for just under three weeks. The $aving$ for this are, I think, obvious.

Mid-year, we decided to return in December (just 7 days -- yes it's still November; long story) and stay for two weeks (that has magically become three weeks -- again, long story). We decided to return in December to get "one more use" out of our annual passes.

Because we have borrowed so many DVC points, we expect that we won't see WDW for 2002. Therefore, we won't renew our APs due to timing and Disney's AP policies.

Of couse, my wife is asking questions like "How are we going to go an entire YEAR without going to disney?" But that is not part of an AP discussion.

Cindylou

Well, as I stated previously. We will not renew our annual passes because of the Disney changes. It does not pay to renew them for a $40.00 savings, and then lose 5 months that we cannot possibly use them. (Ours expire in May, and we probably will not get back until Oct at the earliest). I think Disney is the big loser though. Because normally they get our $950.00 for 2 premium annual passes right away, if we were to renew them, and now they won't get anymore pass money from us until Oct of 2002. Just think of all the interest they won't collect if alot of people stop renewing because of the change in policy. I sware Disney cannot "see the forest for the trees." If you know what I mean.

<SRH>

I just recently renewed my pass, they added on an extra 100 days. That's not bad, a little over 3 months extra days. They are also running a lot of adds in the newspapers to get people to buy passes and get the extra days.:drevil:

Cindylou

I am quite sure those added day's are for Florida residents. Since we live in Minnesota, we do not qualify for this special. And even if we did, the 100 day's would only partially compensate for having the day after expiration be our renewal date, since we won't be able to make it to WDW until Oct. or Nov.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom