WDW and Cruise trip report!

We just got back today! What a wonderful vacation.
If I had to complain about anything it was the near 100* temps on some days, but no one got sunburned or sun stroke etc, so we did well.
We left Long Island on Friday, May 2 on Southwest and stayed in the Days Suites East Gate that first night. What a huge disappointment this *motel* (If you could call it that) was. Geez, it was NOTHING like the pictures or the ads. Maybe 30 years ago. There were punch marks in the walls, NON EXISTANT air conditioning, TVs that had lines through them, leaky shower heads, and doors that wouldn't lock right. My daughter pinched her hand in the sliding glass door, it made a blister. This was considered a 3*** hotel from triple AAA. I could not recommend this place to anyone. We wanted to switch rooms, but we didn’t know what to expect from the next room. We grinned and bared it for that first night and were very happy to head to OKW the next day!
I can't say enough great things about OKW! Their motto of “Welcome Home” made us feel just that. ESPECIALLY comparing it to Days suites! We were in building 26, right near a bus stop and the hospitality house. The 2BR suite we had was magnificent! It was great to head back early and just chill out, go in the pool (open til 11PM), sit on the verandah and feed the many wildlife that joined us! LOL
The one thing I read in their OKW info, (that I thought I had read differently here) was that you could pool hop to every pool on WDW property EXCEPT CBC. So my BIL and family spent a full day pool hopping. A waste of time in my book, but whatever.
The washer and dryer, all the appliances and services this place had for a large family vacationing were perfect.
Our first day was at MK. Very early start, great day. We got in so much! We were traveling (At this point, before more troops arrived) with my MIL, my Mom, My husbands 90 year old grandfather, my 9 year old niece, my turning 6 dd, dh and myself. I felt really blessed to have Grandpa with us, and was overwhelmed with his stamina on this trip! Everyday running, and NOT ONCE did he want to use a wheelchair. I wanted to use one, but that's a different story, LOL.
We hit all of Fantasyland (We walked right onto everything without lines at all except for Dumbo)
We headed over to Adventureland and did POC and JC, walked all the way up the Swiss Family tree because the girls made us, LOL. Even Grandpa made it. :sohappy: We saw the 3:00 parade and had eaten our 3rd ice cream, and headed back to do Hall of Presidents, and Haunted Mansion and then we decided to call it a day and go check into OKW. <Again, we loved it here!>
I will break this up to separate posts.

CamCodey

Hi!

Sounds like a wonderful trip! We would love to do the Disney Cruise sometime.

We stayed in OKW last week (5/17-5/24)!! 2BR Villa in #2630!! :sohappy:
We found that instead of waiting for the bus at Peninsular to head directly for the Hospitality House to catch it there. Peninsular was always the first stop & through many errors, found that we usually missed our bus, BUT we could always catch it if we headed for the Hospitality House, since that is the last stop before heading to the parks!! :sohappy:

The only mistake "someone" made was leaving our balcony door open one day when it was really hot. Thank goodness we were on the third door or that momma duck & her chicks probably would have found a new home in ours! :lol: The staff must have sprayed an insecticide or something that day, because the A/C sucked it all up into our villa! I called housekeeping & within 10 min. someone came to our room and sprayed stuff (Smoke Begone??) all over and it really helped get rid of the chemical smell.

Again, glad to hear you had a great time & made wonderful memories with your family!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom