WDW Alone?

bpmosho

Original Poster
Hi,
I'm brand spankin' new to the boards.

My questions for you experienced WDW'ers. I have been many times in the past but have never gone alone. I was thinking of going at the end of September to check out one of the first MNSSHP's and also to take advantage of the Stay, Play & Dine deals. Has anyone ever gone by themselves before?

I'm afraid it seems a little weird to me but I think I'd still have a good time. Any suggestions/tips?

barnum42

Hello brand spanky new :wave:

You will find a lot of us have gone solo (nine of my thirteen trips have been on my own). Enjoy the freedom to do what you want, when you want and at your own pace.

If you give the search facility a spin, using the word "solo" will bring up quite a few threads that should make for good reading.

FantasmicFan

I went to Paris on a school trip but my group were annoying me soo much so I ditched them and went on my own! It's wasgreat, I could do what I wanted, when I wanted and enjoyed the experience, which is the most important thing which you must do!

I would love to go alone! The only thing that would bother me is I love to be around people so I can talk to them. I'm a very social person, and if I went alone, I wouldn't want to distrub a family having a conversation.

Cmdr_Crimson

First off: Hi Welcome to the boards!

Secondly...You will have a funtastic time out there. I myself had my first solo trip to Disney World last year in October and I can tell you it was great! I got to do whatever I wanted to do and you get some time to yourself. I Highly recommend doing MNSSHP you can dress up in your costume and have the time of your life. But, best of all you can just be yourself and just Hakuna Matata your stay out there...Man this is getting me pschyed for my next solo in Oct! :lol:

bluefaery

Pixiedust1393 said:
I would love to go alone! The only thing that would bother me is I love to be around people so I can talk to them. I'm a very social person, and if I went alone, I wouldn't want to distrub a family having a conversation.

that would be me right there LOL

bpmosho

Original Poster
Okay, I'm figuring out how to search the forums. I see that many people go by themselves.

Thanks! Although I don't think I'll dress up for MNSSHP...I'm 6'2"...it doesn't matter what I wear...it will scare the children.:lol:

WDWPixie

I've gone a million times alone since the time I was 13 to my current age of 20. My parents would let me go alone because they figured, hey, its disney, and I've never had any problems...

Basically you can get through crowds a lot faster when you're alone... i just ate at counters no sit-downs for when I was hungry. :) It wasn't weird at all to me... the single riders lines were great, sure I got a lot of 'you're alone?' so the Disney CMs bugged me more than being alone because pratically EVERYONE when I said 'one' made that comment which started irritating me. I'm just like, 'yes, I'm alone. so what?' but it was definitely fun cuz I went skipping through the park. :-D Alone. :)

Disney_Belle

I went on my first solo trip in May 2005 and it was amazing.

It was my 13th trip to WDW but my first alone and it was just as magical as if my family was there.

You notice things that you are unable to notice before. You really find out what you trully love about Disney (to me is everything but there were some very "special" things that I noticed).

One thing I found I loved to do was people watch. Especially near the spitting camels at Aladdin's Magic Carpet ride lol. Watching unsuspecting people get spit on :lol:

But I got to do what I wanted when I wanted. Didn't have to eat when everyone else wanted to and I got to take my time and take it all in.

At first it was overwhelming, in a sense it felt like I had the whole place to myself. But just pace yourself and relax and enjoy... and if you get lonely and want to talk to someone, most of the CM's are willing to strike up a conversation with you and even many of the guests there too. I met several people there who were also on solo trips and we watched parades and such together and these are people who I will never forget.

So my advice to everyone (because I am assuming the poster of this *bpmosho* has already gone - if so how was it?) is to take the opportunity while you have the chance. Im going back for my second solo trip in 2 weeks and I can't wait :)

bgraham34

I did it once before and I will probably do it again just for the day in January. I have to fly down to our office and might even stay on Disney property for a few nights.

BestVacation

Hi,
I'm brand spankin' new to the boards.

My questions for you experienced WDW'ers. I have been many times in the past but have never gone alone. I was thinking of going at the end of September to check out one of the first MNSSHP's and also to take advantage of the Stay, Play & Dine deals. Has anyone ever gone by themselves before?

I'm afraid it seems a little weird to me but I think I'd still have a good time. Any suggestions/tips?
Thanks for posting this. I might be going to Disney World alone this summer and it was nice knowing the benefits of going alone.

Cathryne

As a annual passholder I go alone A LOT. Or I'll go ride rides alone. It's not weird, you can get places faster. Sure it's awkward for you because in the back of your head it's like "do people know I'm alone" but honestly it's only you that cares :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom