WDW airports

WDW Monorail

The STOLport was used extensively in the early days of WDW. Shawnee Airlines ran frequent flights from McCoy to WDW using DeHavilland turbo prop aircraft. It also appeared on FAA flight maps. Maybe if you ask an old fashioned pilot who still uses maps from the '70s-'80s, it will be listed.

Pop Century legendary years now sits on the former site of the ultralight park. This is where the ultralight trikes used in Surprise in the Skies departed.

I have often wondered about a "no fly zone" over WDW, now I know, but I do have to say that in July of 03 I saw a plane pulling a banner flying near MGM (at the time) I even have a pic. Sorry, I can't post on this tread, but I can email anyone if interested.

There is no such thing as a no-fly zone above WDW. It is considered restricted airspace, however, to VFR aircraft below 3,000ft. A pilot must request permission from flight controllers to enter the restricted airspace. There are a few exceptions of course.

*EDIT*
Just read through Jim's article above and realized tha he also mentioned Shawnee Airlines, sorry.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom