WDTC word on replacing Suprise Mornings...

popkid

Original Poster
New On-Site Guest Benefit
There's a brand-new benefit when you stay in a selected Walt Disney World® Resort Hotel... special visits by Disney Characters! On selected mornings, your family will find Disney friends right at your Resort, waiting to send you off to the Walt Disney World Theme Parks and Water Parks with a smile!

Many of our guests chose not to take advantage of our Surprise Mornings (early Disney Theme Park entrance) program. They told us they wanted more of the Disney Characters. We took it as a wake-up call. So we've replaced Surprise Mornings with a new kind of magic -- now the friends you have come to love are coming to you!

The schedule for these visits is as follows:

Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday
Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa
Disney's Wilderness Lodge
Disney's Polynesian Resort
Disney's Contemporary Resort
Disney's All-Star Resorts
Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge

Monday, Wednesday and Friday
Disney's Port Orleans Resort
Disney's Fort Wilderness Resort and Campground
Disney's Old Key West Resort
Disney's Coronado Springs Resort
Disney's Yacht and Beach Club Resorts
Disney's BoardWalk Resort
Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort

Selected Disney Characters appear at participating Walt Disney World Resort Hotels. Subject to change without notice.

dopey

Originally posted by popkid
Many of our guests chose not to take advantage of our Surprise Mornings (early Disney Theme Park entrance) program. They told us they wanted more of the Disney Characters.

lol! i want the name(s) of the guest(s) who said he/she/they would prefer more characters over early entry! :rolleyes:

popkid

Original Poster
well, although i never took advantage of the early entry days (not much of a morning person at all) i can assure you my name isn't on that list...

disneydentist

Re: Re: WDTC word on replacing Suprise Mornings...

Originally posted by dopey

lol! i want the name(s) of the guest(s) who said he/she/they would prefer more characters over early entry! :rolleyes:
While I never actually said, I certainly agree with the sentiment/idea.:D

Jwinch

Although i never used EE i still think its a great idea. I went to another park instead. I guess you call it reverse EE!!:sohappy:

ToTBellHop

I can see people saying they want to see more characters, because it has become a little harder to see them in the parks over the past few years. But I don't see the connection in the e-mail...these people were saying they'd rather see them in the parks, not that they hate early morning and would rather see the characters for a hour in their hotels...people going character-hunting are not generally the one's lining up for e-rides at 8 am...seems like a lame excuse to me. They should just admit that they are trying to lower costs...at least then I would have respect for the authors of these replies...trying to play it off as an added bonus is a bit ludicrous...also, unless the characters are cleaning my room, I'm certainly not going to walk into a mob of 4 year olds in the main lobby so I can see pooh....

prberk

truth in advertising

For what it is worth, they are still advertising surprise mornings, anyway. I just got two large postcards in the mail from Walt Disney World advertising their low rates ($84 for moderates and $139 for AKL), and on the card it listed early entry as a benefit for staying on property! It was only sent last week, so it is obvious at least when the cards were printed they were still planning them. To take them away immediately after advertising them as a benefit is a little questionable, albeit for cost-cutting measures. Does everything else listed as a benefit on the card have the possibility of being eliminated without notice too?

(Hmm... when does the "offer and acceptance" part of contract law start to matter????) :veryconfu

Tramp

Re: truth in advertising

Originally posted by prberk
(Hmm... when does the "offer and acceptance" part of contract law start to matter????) :veryconfu

...as soon as the "subject to change without notice" clause is removed.:veryconfu

Lofatrules

Re: Re: truth in advertising

Originally posted by Tramp

...as soon as the "subject to change without notice" clause is removed.:veryconfu

True that. This is SOP in any hospitality business and goes a long way to getting rid of any kind of liability for the resorts.

monorail256

this seems pretty cool. it is a shame that when you stay at hotels you never got to see characters... i only saw chip n' dale at the movie thing at fort wilderness... but this should be cool! :D

zonguy

Just another observation on these changes. The non-Disney owned hotels on Hotel Plaza Drive participated in Surprise Mornings too. I noticed that none of them were listed as sites for Disney Character sightings.

Beauty and the

Originally posted by zonguy
Just another observation on these changes. The non-Disney owned hotels on Hotel Plaza Drive participated in Surprise Mornings too. I noticed that none of them were listed as sites for Disney Character sightings.

There has to be something that makes them differnt from Disney Property other wise there would be no reason to pay the on site price. Disney Characters belong to WDW not Hotel Plaza, having there too would probably be too much for resort guests to tolerate.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
Originally posted by zonguy

the reason behind that is the resorts have to pay to get the characters to appear there.... at an astronomically high rate (can't say, but trust me, it's a LOT). I believe that Swan/Dolphin have opted to pay, so I think they will be getting characters soon, as fo rthe rest, only time will tell. Most of the DTD resorts that have character meals feel that is already enough (since they also have to pay for the characters to appear at the meals)

mightyduck

Originally posted by mktiggerman

the reason behind that is the resorts have to pay to get the characters to appear there.... at an astronomically high rate (can't say, but trust me, it's a LOT). I believe that Swan/Dolphin have opted to pay, so I think they will be getting characters soon, as fo rthe rest, only time will tell. Most of the DTD resorts that have character meals feel that is already enough (since they also have to pay for the characters to appear at the meals)

yep--the Swan and Dolphin now have characters some mornings! But I slept through it. :( ;)

Coronado

We were at AS Movies this past weekend.....The bus came driving in playing the music from the new 100 years of magic parade... The characters jumped off..... did the meet and greet for about 15 minutes....jumped back on and took off.....AND this is what they call replacement for EE? I liked it much better when we could get up Sunday.... go to Studios... do a few laps on Rock and Roll....A few drops on the ToT and then go have some coffee and sweets at the bakery shop.... ah the good old days when staying on site had some privledges.... oh well.....it doesn't stop me from staying at Disney Resorts.....

ToTBellHop

they need to KEEP the early mornings and put the disney characters on the rides!!!! I'm pretty sure mickey's head would stay on as he flipped upside down on Rock 'n' Roller Coaster!!!! Imagine the advertising for the program....

"ZERO TO MICKEY IN 2.8 SECONDS!!!"

Artanis Knarf

Originally posted by Coronado
get up Sunday.... go to Studios... do a few laps on Rock and Roll....A few drops on the ToT and then go have some coffee and sweets at the bakery shop....

Those were the days....but now i guess more :snore:

I emailed WDW with my complaint and someone from the "executive offices" actually called me today and wanted to know my complaints and told me that there wasn't enough attendance in the morning to keep doing it, but it may not be stopped forever. I told her it was a big incentive for me to stay on property to get in the parks early and characters are no big deal. My comments would get passed around, supposedly...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom