WDI President Barbara Bouza is Resigning

Ayla

Proudly building upon our extraordinary legacy, Imagineers are shaping a future that inspires humanity. As one global team of innovative creators and storytellers, we immerse our guests in experiences that make memories of a lifetime.

As a licensed architect I was recruited by The Walt Disney Company to challenge the norm and bring broader global industry perspective and expertise. Joining Walt Disney Imagineering in June of 2020, I truly believed humanity needed Disney more than ever. The world was trying to understand the impact of a global pandemic, business disruption, stay at home orders, a reckoning on race, and the growing political divide. From there Imagineers endured the pressures of talent reductions, unprecedented hyper-escalation on projects, political crosshairs, and the need to make life changing decisions with their families around the relocation from California to Florida.

Through all of this, Imagineers relentlessly created and delivered some of the most impactful projects in the history of The Walt Disney Company. This success has fueled the turbocharged growth of Disney Experiences through $60 billion in investment over the next 10 years that Bob Iger and Josh D’Amaro speak of. So I want to take this moment to personally thank all Imagineers, past, present and future for making the impossible possible.

It is bittersweet as I wrap up my work as President of Walt Disney Imagineering this month before I create an even bigger impact for world. Stay tuned! WDI will be in excellent hands with my partner, Bruce Vaughn, Chief Creative Officer, who is an exceptional creative leader.

“There’s really no secret about our approach. We keep moving forward, opening new doors and doing new things, because we’re curious.”
Walt Disney @waltdisneyimagineering @disney

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Wow...she REALLY believed that she had a massive impact on "humanity" and the "world"?

Most impactful projects in the entire HISTORY of Disney? HAHA...seriously???

This person just SCREAMS arrogant "activist" to me.

Wow....OK,..was anybody here truly "inspired" by anything she did with Imagineering? If so, that's cool,...No judging,...I'm just asking.
Don't kid yourself - you're judging.

Cliff

Don't kid yourself - you're judging.
I'm maybe judging this Imagineer. But I don't judge any "fan" that thinks her work WAS that impactful on humanity. If any fan's life was positively impacted by her work?...that's great. No judging any fan love from me.

Sir_Cliff

The tradition in this forum of mocking the appearance of unpopular Disney bigwigs is pretty nasty. One can be critical of a person’s job performance without stooping so low.
Yes, I very much get being critical of decisions being made by the company and its executives. But when it gets so nasty, I really wonder what message supposed Disney fans were taking from all these films or, for example, EPCOT Center.

Tha Realest

Original Poster
What about "...humanity needed Disney more than ever." Good, grief!!! That is jus laugh out loud LOONEY!
It’s a preposterous statement even if you align with her worldview that WDI’s central focus is bettering humanity. The hubris of it all. Dude, you constructed some of the blandest, nondescript spaces in TWDC’s history and have no major projects in the pipeline of note.

Cliff

It’s a preposterous statement even if you align with her worldview that WDI’s central focus is bettering humanity. The hubris of it all. Dude, you constructed some of the blandest, nondescript spaces in TWDC’s history and have no major projects in the pipeline of note.
Hubris (and narcissism) is exactly what I see too. I mean, wow,...this person certainly seems to think VERY highly of herself and her accomplishments. Does she think that "humanity" and the rest of the world LOVES her work that much,...or even at all?

Wow,....I wonder why she was fired.

Cliff

What a load of self- serving crap and buzzwords.
Yes,...I mean, this woman's writing is a VERY revealing window into her psyche. She is dumping Freudian slips all OVER her writing. I fear that "this" stuff is now VERY common in the company today. They are TEACHING each other to "think" and talk like this all over the place inside the company. It's just spreading in the younger employees.

Too many people today use the company and the Disney logo as their own "personal" platform to stroke their own ego and to promote their own personal, social agendas.

In my opinion, this is part of the toxic culture that soooo many of us talk about that seems to exist in the company today.

I wonder why she was fired?

Chi84

Premium Member
Yes,...I mean, this woman's writing is a VERY revealing window into her psyche. She is dumping Freudian slips all OVER her writing. I fear that "this" stuff is now VERY common in the company today. They are TEACHING each other to "think" and talk like this all over the place inside the company. It's just spreading in the younger employees.

Too many people today use the company and the Disney logo as their own "personal" platform to stroke their own ego and to promote their own personal, social agendas.

In my opinion, this is part of the toxic culture that soooo many of us talk about that seems to exist in the company today.

I wonder why she was fired?
What Freudian slips are you referring to?

GladToBeHear

What a load of self- serving crap and buzzwords.
This is activist-speak. And this is what you get when you hire/promote executives into high-level positions for reasons other than experience and merit. Frankly -- Disney gets all that it deserves here. At least it appears they're willing to try and course-correct. We shall see. Vaughn coming back is encouraging news.

BTW. Film Threat has been doing an interesting series on the hiring practices (and its negative effects) over the past several years at Disney Animation. All informed by anonymous sources within the company. It's an interesting read. And I suspect these same issues are company-wide -- including WDI.

CAV

Here's a good review of her time at WDI...

This site, and other sites like it are simply unreadable. Paragraph after paragraph says the same thing over and over in slightly different ways. Oh, and the first few paragraphs are dedicated to an elongated history of Disney. And in between paragraphs are advertisements. I read about have the article and didn't glean a single thing.

LittleBuford

This site, and other sites like it are simply unreadable. Paragraph after paragraph says the same thing over and over in slightly different ways. Oh, and the first few paragraphs are dedicated to an elongated history of Disney.
We must be looking at different articles, because I see nothing matching this description. Can you quote the “elongated history of Disney” that you’re referring to?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This site, and other sites like it are simply unreadable. Paragraph after paragraph says the same thing over and over in slightly different ways. Oh, and the first few paragraphs are dedicated to an elongated history of Disney. And in between paragraphs are advertisements. I read about have the article and didn't glean a single thing.
Here, a machine will read it for you:

Here's a summary of the article "President of Imagineering Leaving Disney" by Tom Bricker, with key points and analysis:

Key Points

• Barbara Bouza is leaving her post as President of Walt Disney Imagineering. She joined Disney in 2020.
  • Projects completed during Bouza's time at Disney: Avengers Campus, Disney Wish, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, TRON: Lightcycle Run, expansions at international parks.
  • Bouza's background: She previously worked at the architecture firm Gensler.
  • Bruce Vaughn likely to become the new President of Imagineering. He previously led Imagineering and returned to the company in 2023.
Commentary and Analysis

• Bouza's legacy is unclear. The projects attributed to her tenure were likely initiated before her arrival.
  • Imagineering's output is influenced by management decisions. Even talented Imagineers have their work limited by what Disney Parks management greenlights. This is compared to a restaurant where a talented chef is still constrained by the guest's order.
  • Bruce Vaughn's return is a positive sign. He has a long history with Imagineering and a track record of successful projects. His experience as a project manager could address budget and scheduling issues that have plagued Imagineering in recent years.
  • Potential for Imagineering resurgence. The return of Vaughn and possibly other notable Imagineers hints at a new development cycle for the domestic Disney Parks.
Overall, the article suggests a changing of the guard at Walt Disney Imagineering, with a potential shift in priorities and a hopeful outlook for the future of Disney's theme park experiences.

-Gemini AI

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
One guy is REALLY rattled…it’s been months of panic moves…one after another
high school GIF by CBC

I know I know!

Ayla

Here, a machine will read it for you:

Here's a summary of the article "President of Imagineering Leaving Disney" by Tom Bricker, with key points and analysis:

Key Points

• Barbara Bouza is leaving her post as President of Walt Disney Imagineering. She joined Disney in 2020.
  • Projects completed during Bouza's time at Disney: Avengers Campus, Disney Wish, Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind, TRON: Lightcycle Run, expansions at international parks.
  • Bouza's background: She previously worked at the architecture firm Gensler.
  • Bruce Vaughn likely to become the new President of Imagineering. He previously led Imagineering and returned to the company in 2023.
Commentary and Analysis

• Bouza's legacy is unclear. The projects attributed to her tenure were likely initiated before her arrival.
  • Imagineering's output is influenced by management decisions. Even talented Imagineers have their work limited by what Disney Parks management greenlights. This is compared to a restaurant where a talented chef is still constrained by the guest's order.
  • Bruce Vaughn's return is a positive sign. He has a long history with Imagineering and a track record of successful projects. His experience as a project manager could address budget and scheduling issues that have plagued Imagineering in recent years.
  • Potential for Imagineering resurgence. The return of Vaughn and possibly other notable Imagineers hints at a new development cycle for the domestic Disney Parks.
Overall, the article suggests a changing of the guard at Walt Disney Imagineering, with a potential shift in priorities and a hopeful outlook for the future of Disney's theme park experiences.

-Gemini AI
Hey now. No interrupting the circle jerk of rage this thread has predictably turned into.

Warly

Was just searching for Barbara Bouza and found this snippet on her take on architectural style. If she would have given me that during the application interview for Head of WDI I would have ended the interview prematurely.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom