Ways to make the magic at home!

Mickey2021

Original Poster
Hi fellow Mouse fans! I was hoping to start a thread where people could post about different ways to help create the magic of Disney at home. I was thinking of keeping it to a few different categories. Also, as a general rule I was hoping that we could post things that are either exactly the same as what you can find on Disney property or close enough that you really can't tell the difference. If you know of anything to add to one of these please post.

Food:

1. Dole Whip! Did you know that the exact mixture used in the parks to create Dole whip can be bought on amazon for around $30 a bag? If you have an ice cream maker it's about the simplest thing you can make.

2. Mickey Waffles. Also found on amazon. The same mix used by Disney is Carbon's Golden Malted Pancake and Waffle flour. They now sell it in bags a bit cheaper than the cans.

3. Churros. The same brand used at Disney can be found under the name Tio Pepe's. They are available in grocery stores although I haven't seen any for sale in the Northeast. :(

4. Mickey Premium Bars. Although they are quite a bit smaller they can now be found in many grocery stores around the nation. These I can get in the Northeast.

Scents:

1. Magic Candle Company. I have bought most of the scents here and while a lot of them don't remind me exactly of the park scents, some of them are spot on. To me their versions of the Polynesian, flight of passage, rome burning, and flying over Africa are exactly what I smell in Disney. If you think there are other scents that exactly match the park let us all know.

Bath Products:

1. Body wash used in Resort hotels. Once again the same product used in the Disney resorts can be found on Amazon. It is listed under the label H2O+, Moisturizing Sea Salt Shower Gel. Smells just like I am back in my room after a long day in the parks.

2. Shampoo. I am not 100% sure but I believe the H2O+ brand mentioned above carries Disney's shampoo in the scent Eucalyptus & Aloe. If anyone can verify this that would be great!

Shows:

1. This is a bit of a stretch but someone posted on this site a projection of Happily ever after on 3D printed Cinderella's Castle. They simply used a projector and a YouTube video to project onto the castle that they printed.
https://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads...plica-paint-it-3d-printed-added-stage.936061/
The castle they printed can be found here: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:127748. The only thing is the propotions on this model are not as perfect as I would want them to be. For example the front peak of the castle where the clock is located is not nearly tall enough and that part of the projection does not match up well. This one is much better but the printing files are not available. If anyone know of a better model many other people could enjoy the show from the comfort of their home.

Games: This whole category is also a bit of a stretch but it helps me to feel like I am virtually in the parks.

1. Minecraft. There is a minecraft server called MCParks that has built a recreation of the 4 Florida Parks as well as the California ones. It also includes the 3 resorts around the seven seas lagoon as well as Pop Century and Art of Animation. I wish they had versions of the other resorts to walk around. Plus they present Happily every after 3 times a day. It's pretty cool.

2. Xbox, PC. Disneyland Adventures. This game is an amazing accurate recreation of Disneyland in California. I love walking around the park and listening to all of the "people" talking.

This is all I have for now. Please share anything that can help bring the magic! Thanks!

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

We actually have an ice cream shop in the next town over that makes the soft serve pineapple and the shop my DD works at was supposed to make it last summer but never did. The piece of Disney that I see several times a day are those 20" x 30" applique flags...EVERY one is Disney related starting with:
New Years
Winter
Valentine's day
Winter
St. Patrick's day (flying now)
Spring
Easter
Memorial day
Summer
July 4th
Back to School
Labor day
Autumn
Halloween (the one that started it all)
Thanksgiving
Winter, and FINALLY,
Christmas...
EVERYTIME we either walk in or out, there's a piece of Disney in/at our home. My wife and kids think I'm nuts, (and probably some neighbors too), but oh well...it keeps me sane and makes ME happy.

JIMINYCR

We have purchased the Dole whip mix and have had success in coming up with a very close clone to whats served in the park. I think not having it handed to me from the CM at Aloha Isle alters my perception and taste. Just not the same.
Having Mickey Waffles drenched in butter and syrup... tastes the same but again, without the resort theming, it pales in the enjoyment.
We have several items that when activated play a Disney tune, a Mickey voiced saying, a monorail or attraction speil. Hearing something Disney park related helps connect us back to a previous trip.
But over the years collecting a wide variety of Disney souvenirs and having them placed strategically throughout our home, something in every room, including devoting one entire room for my Disney room, theres enough surrounding me that I get to encounter a daily sensation of Disney.

Nottamus

The easiest one (and didn’t see listed) is MUSIC.
We are DVC at AKL and have downloaded the resort loop. Along with Epcot loop, Illiminations loop, pandora loop, and AK park loop music

All summer long at home floating in the pool goes a little like this:
“Alexa, play Disney world music”
And we are transported back to Disney !

Dory71

We actually have an ice cream shop in the next town over that makes the soft serve pineapple and the shop my DD works at was supposed to make it last summer but never did. The piece of Disney that I see several times a day are those 20" x 30" applique flags...EVERY one is Disney related starting with:
New Years
Winter
Valentine's day
Winter
St. Patrick's day (flying now)
Spring
Easter
Memorial day
Summer
July 4th
Back to School
Labor day
Autumn
Halloween (the one that started it all)
Thanksgiving
Winter, and FINALLY,
Christmas...
EVERYTIME we either walk in or out, there's a piece of Disney in/at our home. My wife and kids think I'm nuts, (and probably some neighbors too), but oh well...it keeps me sane and makes ME happy.
Where did you get your flags?

NelleBelle

We have a heat-press so when I need a new Disney shirt for hanging out in the house, I take to the computer and design something.

And I finally started a subscription to Magic Candle Co. so I get a monthly box of a a new scented candle, air freshener, wax melt, and room spray. Gives me something to look forward to. And those little air fresheners last a long time! I put one in my car that was Christmas Shoppe-scented in November and it still smells (not strongly, but still smells quite nice)!

JimW

Premium Member
There's a game called Planet Coaster for PC, which also comes in an edition called Planet Coaster - Console Edition for the Playstation and xbox systems. I haven't played it myself, but have been looking into it, as you can apparently create some pretty accurate recreations of Disney coasters.

Here's a link to a YouTube video of Big Thunder Mountain Railroad as constructed by a player in Planet Coaster:

Jedijax719

We did a virtual Disney trip last summer by getting loads of clips from YT, stringing them together in order as if we were on a trip. We did a park a night plus Hogwarts at Universal.

Jasperkitty

Doing POV videos on my husband's VR headset is one we'll do around here. Various stuffed Disney Characters are scattered around our home, and we're in the process of setting up a bulletin board with an Orlando map on it for planning our next trip in the entry way with Disney art hung around it. The last one might not be a re-create idea but it lets us have something to look forward to once I finish my Master's program.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom