Waterparks on July 4th - a bad idea?

Carrotski

My DW and I were thinking of visiting Typhoon Lagoon on July 4th as we thought it might be less busy than the other parks. However after a little research it seems that the waterparks tend to get busy at the weekends due to lots of locals visiting them. I was wondering if this would also be the case on July 4th. Has anyone here visted TL on July 4th and was it particularly crowded?

I hear July 4th is one of the worst days to be in WDW altogether because so many people go!

I would think you'ld find it was a bad idea, if people are not busy packing the parks, you can bet a load will pop off to Tyhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach to have a soak in the hot Florida sun. Not to mention the fact it's a weekend!, Your possibly better off picking the day before or after July 4th. As the crowds wont be so bad.

Are you staying within the parks or outside? If you have a rental car or anything I suggest taking a "break" day outside the world. Point Mall (or "that place that used to be called Belz Mall") and Florida Mall are always nice places to go and just browse if you want (Not to mention Point has an amazing chinese counter in their food court!). Or just go to Downtown Disney and look around there and maybe take the boat to the Old New Orleans and Floridan resorts? The atmosphere around those resorts is quiet and romantic in a way.

Upvote 0

kellydisney

My thought would be that it is one of the least full because people will be wanting to watch the 4th Fireworks and you have to get into the parks by a certain time before they reach capacity as I'd think they must for the fireworks...

Upvote 0

Carrotski

Original Poster
Thank you for the replys. We're staying on site at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, so we may just have a day enjoying the resort, then try and catch one of the firework displays in the evening.

Upvote 0

CaptainMichael

Carrotski said:
Thank you for the replys. We're staying on site at the Animal Kingdom Lodge, so we may just have a day enjoying the resort, then try and catch one of the firework displays in the evening.
Well, if you intend to see fireworks, you will want to get to the participating parks before they close due to capacity!

Upvote 0

BeachClubVillas

When we were in WDW for July 4th, we spent the day shopping at DTD. It wasn't crowded at all. We were staying at the GF so we watched the fireworks from the beach that night.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom