Waterparks in early/mid November?

elabron

What's the deal with Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach in November? Is it generally too chilly to go to the waterparks? I do realize that we're talking Florida folks, but sometimes with a good breeze going, the waterparks can freeze me after being in the water.....even in Summer months I find myself getting chilly.

Any thoughts or suggestions on the waterparks?
Thanks

Philo

I went to BB mid January and I was fine although my wife was a little cold when we were out of the water.

Even if you only go for a short time it's worth it

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

We go during the 2nd week of November every year, and the weather has been gorgeous during the daytime hours. A little chilly as it gets later, and as the sun goes down. Usually around that time, one of the water parks will be closed for refurbishment for a couple of months because of the cooler weather and then I think in January they will close the other waterpark for refurb. This is how its been when I was there. But I think in the beginning of November you should be fine to go to a waterpark, but maybe wait until early afternoons.

Upvote 0

Lucky

I wouldn't pay in advance for the water parks option if I were going in November. Once you get there IF you luck out and get a really warm day, then purchase a ticket for the day. But it wouldn't be part of my vacation plan.

Upvote 0

Tinkerbella16

I wouldn't pay in advance for the water parks option if I were going in November. Once you get there IF you luck out and get a really warm day, then purchase a ticket for the day. But it wouldn't be part of my vacation plan.

Yeah that is true, I forgot to mention that in my post. We never add waterpark option to our package. The past two years we've gone in november, we were spoiled with gorgeous weather both times. But thats not always the case when you go in the fall, so we never really bother. We are park lovers, and very rarely ever even use the resort pools bc we're always at the parks.

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
BB was nloody freezing the Nov trip we had, especially a top the mountain, that gentle breeze felt like a Baltic blizzard when your stood in your shorts and damp.

Upvote 0

JPVonDrake

In general Fall/Winter temperatures are as follows:

November
Average High 79º
Average Low 59º

December
Average High 73º
Average Low 53º

January
Average High 72º
Average Low 50º

February
Average High 74º
Average Low 51º

So basically if you are not a Florida Resident, its more or less perfect swimming weather during the day this time of year.

Do keep in mind, each year one of the water parks will close for it's annual refurbishment in mid-November to early-January. When it re-opens the opposite Water Park will close early-January to mid-March. The parks alternate each year so a different park can be decorated for the holidays.

Upvote 0

Lucky

Only one of them at a time is closed.

I think most people would say a high temp in the low 70s is not perfect swimming weather.

Upvote 0

lilo091701

Nov. OK!!

On our Honeymoon the water parks were part of the package so we felt like we HAD to go!!!:p It was a little chilly for us FL folks but I think it will be fine!!! Lot's of fun too!!!!!! The water is heated also but not the Shark tank at TL....VERY COLD:eek::eek:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom