Watercraft Transportation To Downtown Disney

radiohost

Original Poster
Anyone know if the watercraft service is good to get to Downtown Disney from Port Orleans and Old Key West??? How long is this service offered, in other words, how late are they open till???? Thank you very much for any information, Radiohost:cool:

miles1

When we were there last August, I think the last boat back to POFQ/POR was at 10:00. They may run later during peak season. They also shut down completely when there are storms in the area, so you may want to have a backup plan, like the bus.

crazydaveh

They run as long as Pleasure Island is open. I think the last boat sails at 2:30 am.

If it does rain, take the bus, they're running as well.

It's a short trip, and on a not so hot evening, can be quite enjoyable.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
The service is great. Without a doubt it is the best way to get to DTD however I have never seen the boats run until PI closing. The latest I have seen them run is 11:00 PM. You captain will tell you what time the last boat will leave. After 11:00 you will need to take the bus back to the resort.

pways

Boats to Downtown Disney

Love them My husband and I take them all the time. We only have gotten stuck in one rain storm and they dropped us off at POF and we just took the bus back to POR. I am pretty sure they stop around 10:00pm, but I have never seen them run at late as 2:30am. They always tell you when you board the boat.

Bimmy56

I agree, it's a wonderful trip. Sometimes at night I just go for the ride. One interesting sight along the way are the old Treehouse villas.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I agree, it's a wonderful trip. Sometimes at night I just go for the ride. One interesting sight along the way are the old Treehouse villas.
Especially when the CM's staying there leave the lights on and don't realize that there are boats going by.:lookaroun

I love the boats.. They are one of the prime reasons we love to stay at Port Orleans.. It is a very relaxing ride, except when you have people renting those boats, who don't know how to drive them.. We saw one guy run right into the shore near the Treehouses.. It was either the shore or us.. haha

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom