Water rides

normbalko

Original Poster
Anyone know why there are so many rides that use water for transportation in WDW?? I understand it is some rides (Mailstrom, POTC, Splash Mt., etc.), but what about rides like IASM, Living w/ the Land, and Rio Del Tiempo (i think that's the mexico ride :) ) Seems like they could have easily been on tracks, are there some logistical reasons for using water so much? Just curious.

I'd imagine that water doesn't break down as much and also it doesn't hurt people to touch it when they don't keep arms and legs inside at all times

Chape19714

I agree with 626, and I think that Water was the best for the story. Come on "The River of Time (El rio...)' and "the happiest cruise that ever sailed (IASM)" would not fit the theme. I am sure that the boat in Living with the land is for the theme (water kinda just goes with plants) and i don't think an electrical ride through the greenhouses would be envirementally friendly. I like the feel of a water ride as well.

cloudboy

Water rides have a pretty large capacity compared to some mover-type rides. There is also a lot fewer mechanical bits to worry about, and if properly designed doesn't take as much energy.

I also think that there is something kind of nice about the boat rides, and I don't think this was part of their reasoning, but water rides inside buildings (where the water is not getting heated by the sun) sty cooler with less air conditioning needs.

Dr.Seeker

Water rides are generally slower. All of the mentioned rides have an emphasis on showing and informing rather than pushing you to limits e.t.c.

normbalko

Original Poster
River of Time; guess I should have translated before including that one! :hammer:

I like the water rides too, but it just seemed like it might be dangerous to have all the animitronics right next to all that water. I thought maybe there was some hidden cool "disney" reason fur using so much water.

These are the thoughts that go thru my head while watching my WDW vacation videos when I'm bored late at night!

Any idea how nasty and gross that water is? Its hard to care when you're there, but watching the videos makes me wonder....:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom