Water Parks Question

hartj5

Original Poster
We will have a 10 day hopper/water park option. Will be spending 2 days at Universal. First time for husband and kids. Should be go to both BB and TL or just go to one? Which one does everyone like better? :p

cmatt

We will have a 10 day hopper/water park option. Will be spending 2 days at Universal. First time for husband and kids. Should be go to both BB and TL or just go to one? Which one does everyone like better? :p

both in one day :)

figmentmom

Personally, I prefer Typhoon Lagoon, just because the theming is more tropical and relaxing. Plus, I'm from upstate New York - if I want to look at snow, I'll just stay home! :ROFLOL:

Rabflmom

I am thinking in April the water parks will not be running with capacity crowds so if you want to try them both, you might even be able to do 2 in 1 day. Open one park and close the other. Blizzard Beach would be my first choice, but I love Typhoon for its tropical theming, too. Not that Blizzard isn't tropical. The beaches there are tropical just the slides are really winter looking. <g> I don't do the big really fast slides and really enjoyed myself at Typhoon the times I have been there. I love the 6 foot waves in the wave pool!
One other thing if you go to Blizzard you could play one of the mini golf courses too. Winter or Summer both looked fun when we walked around them on our tour .

DonaldDoleWhip

Blizzard Beach has more attractions, but I prefer the theming at Typhoon Lagoon. Plus, Typhoon Lagoon has my two favorite water park attractions (Wave Pool and Crush n' Gusher).

You should definitely go to both BB and TL. They both have interesting themes, family friendly attractions, and are a lot of fun overall.

kc1296426

I would say try both. They are both fun parks that you should definitely try out, especially in April when it's a little toasty outside. Both parks have their advantages and disadvantages, but it never hurts to try both.

Have fun on your trip! :wave:

(Although I prefer typhoon better, lol)

Disneykidder

How old are your kids, Hart? It matters. I've never been to either because when I was single and went with friends, I had no desire to prance in a suit and when I married and had a child, there is nothing for him there. They really do not have rides for the younger child. My son was 2 and then 3 when we went. Typhoon Lagoon was "experimenting" with a program when we were there this past summer but was all booked. We could have gotten in for the next day but we were leaving that day and didn't want to do a water park on our last day. The program was for kids, aged 2-5 or 6, not really remembering. The kids would be with counselors for a couple of hours, do a few activities, play in the lazy pool and have lunch. The way she was describing it was a lot better than I am. So, check out the Disney web sites to see height requirements/ages to see if it is appropriate for your family. When when you arrive, ask the concierge if they are offering this program. There is a name for it and there was a brochure. I'll see if I can dig it up to get the specific name for you. :)

Jeff456

I would try both, i have been to both on all of my trips and spent a day each in them the last two times i went for 10 days, however i think we may have done universal and IOA in one day, because its always dead in October. So if you have time go for both they are really good but like people have said maybe you should try and do both in one day. I think i prefer blizzard beach ever so slightly because there are more slides but i prefer typhoon lagoons themeing and i love sharks reef and the lazy river. Unfortunately blizzard is closed on my next trip next week :(

cmatt

I too was thinking about both in one day. I just wasn't sure how crowded the second park will be til we get there in the afternoon.

i did blizzard beach in the morning

typhoon lagoon in the afternoon - didnt bother stopping for food. :) But if you have kids you obviously cant really do that :veryconfu

Nansafan

We always do both water parks in a trip. BB one morning, TL another then back to the resort for a late lunch, shower and then on to a dinner ADR at the evening park of choice for the day. We have BB lovers and TL lovers in our group and both get their WP fix this way. (BTW, BB was my fav until the addition of Crush 'n Gusher at TL. Now they are tied.)

Mr.EPCOT

Typhoon Lagoon is absolutely my favorite! I would recommend doing both on your trip, especially since you have 10 Water Park Fun & More usages. To be honest, I've done almost all of both Universal parks in one day several times. I would spend full days at both water parks, I wouldn't switch in one day, just takes too much time to leave one, go to the other and get settled there.

Also, I would recommend getting the No Expiration option if you don't use most of your Water Park/Fun usages, so you can use them when you come back to Walt Disney World in the future. :wave:

doop

If you can, I would definitely visit both. Each of them has their own feel; TL being much more relaxing and vacation like, unless of course the thought of snow is relaxing to you... Each are a lot of fun and I can't say that I like one more than the other.

hartj5

Original Poster
How old are your kids, Hart? It matters. I've never been to either because when I was single and went with friends, I had no desire to prance in a suit and when I married and had a child, there is nothing for him there. They really do not have rides for the younger child. My son was 2 and then 3 when we went. Typhoon Lagoon was "experimenting" with a program when we were there this past summer but was all booked. We could have gotten in for the next day but we were leaving that day and didn't want to do a water park on our last day. The program was for kids, aged 2-5 or 6, not really remembering. The kids would be with counselors for a couple of hours, do a few activities, play in the lazy pool and have lunch. The way she was describing it was a lot better than I am. So, check out the Disney web sites to see height requirements/ages to see if it is appropriate for your family. When when you arrive, ask the concierge if they are offering this program. There is a name for it and there was a brochure. I'll see if I can dig it up to get the specific name for you. :)

My kids are 13 and 8. They definately want to hit the water parks.

maryszhi

go to both, its worth it. both are different in themeing as well as rides

if u really want something different, take surfing lessons at typhoon lagoon. i love surfing and it is really fun to surf in the wave pool

Mikester71

I say go to both too. Aren't the hours like 10am until 5 or 6pm or something like that. That seems like you would be pushing it to do the two in one day. Noticed that you are doing the exact same as us (next March for us) by doing the 10 days at WDW and the 2 days of Universal. We have only done 7 and 10 at WDW and next year will be our first time going to Universal too, so will have to keep me posted how you make out getting everything in!:wave:

TheBeatles

Both are enjoyable experiences.

When I was younger I preferred BB because there was more to do.

Although TL now has Crush N' Gusher and I've yet to ride it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom