"Water Parks & More Option" question....

Auroragirl

Me and the hubs have been going back and forth about this... and neither of us can figure it out... :hammer:

OK... Here's my question; and I really hope I dont confuse anyone - b/c after trying to ask my husband, I kept getting more confused....

How are the water park admissions 'taken out' of your MYW tickets?

For example, for our next trip we are planning on staying for a total of 10 nights. We'll probably go to the four main theme parks 6 days, but want to take 2 days for water parks. What kind of ticket do we get? A MYW Water Parks and More for.... 6 days? Or 8 days?

You know what I mean??? Does a 6 day ticket mean I have only 6 days for the four parks plus the water parks?

And, is it considered "park hopping" from the water park to one of the theme parks? So we'll probably need the park hopping too, right???

Please help! :lookaroun

mousefan1972

If you want to visit the 4 major parks for 6 days, a 6 day base ticket with the water park and more option would give you 6 major park visits plus an additional 6 water park (or Disney Quest) visits. They are tracked separately.

Visiting a water park in the morning, then hitting MK at night would use one major park admission and one water park admission. It is not considered park hopping.

Of course if you wanted to hop between the 4 major parks on the same day, you would need to add the park hopper option. Hope this helps!

I can't believe Jon didn't know this.... lol

Upvote 0

Auroragirl

Original Poster
Oooooh....
:confused:
Really?

For some reason on the WDW website, to me, they make it sound more confusing... I can't remember exactly what they said; but it was something like 'it depended on the number of days your base ticket was', so I assumed that meant it was counted together. But then that didn't make much sense, either.

OK :)

So a 6 days MYW + Water Parks option would give us 6 of each... OK... That makes more sense!!!

Yeah... Jon might of known, but my brain was already going in too many directions, I just didn't get it... :lookaroun

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

The WDW website probably meant that the "Plus" admissions are tied to your base ticket in terms of the # of days. A 1 or 2 day base ticket gets you 2 Water Park and More visits, a 3 day gets you 3, a 4 day 4, etc all the way up to a 10 day ticket.

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

When you buy the Water Park Fun & More add-on, you get the same number of WPF&M admissions as you have theme park days on your base ticket. A 5-day ticket gets you 5 water park admissions, an 8-day ticket gets you 8 water park admissions, and so on.

The theme park part of the ticket is totally separate from the WPF&M part of the ticket. From the date of first use, you have 14 days in which to use up the ticket. On any given day, if you go to one theme park and also go to a water park or DisneyQuest, you have used up one theme park day and one WPF&M admission (as stated previously).

If on any given day you go to a water park but don't go to a theme park at all, you've used up one WPF&M admission, and that's all ... you didn't use up a theme park day on that day.

It's also OK to go to two water parks on the same day. You'll use up two WPF&M admissions when you do so.

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
When you buy the Water Park Fun & More add-on, you get the same number of WPF&M admissions as you have theme park days on your base ticket. A 5-day ticket gets you 5 water park admissions, an 8-day ticket gets you 8 water park admissions, and so on.

The theme park part of the ticket is totally separate from the WPF&M part of the ticket. From the date of first use, you have 14 days in which to use up the ticket. On any given day, if you go to one theme park and also go to a water park or DisneyQuest, you have used up one theme park day and one WPF&M admission (as stated previously).

If on any given day you go to a water park but don't go to a theme park at all, you've used up one WPF&M admission, and that's all ... you didn't use up a theme park day on that day.

It's also OK to go to two water parks on the same day. You'll use up two WPF&M admissions when you do so.

So, if you buy an 8 day ticket you will get 8 water parks. But that adds up to 16 days and your ticket will expire in 14! :mad:

Upvote 0

CleveRocks

So, if you buy an 8 day ticket you will get 8 water parks. But that adds up to 16 days and your ticket will expire in 14! :mad:
No, it does not add up to 16 days. Please re-read what I wrote.

You can go to a theme park and a water park on the same day. This will use one theme park day and one WPF&M admission.

You can go to one theme park and 2 water parks (or DisneyQuest, etc.) on the same day. This will use one theme park day and two WPF&M admissions.

You can go to two water parks and DisneyQuest all on the same day. This will use zero theme park days and 3 WPF&M admissions.

In other words, it's not like you have 16 things that you can only use one per day.

HOWEVER, it's also important to note that the THEME PARK days ... you can use only one of them per day, unless you pay extra for the park hopper option. Without the park hopper option, you can't use two "days" from your theme park ticket to go to Magic Kingdom in the morning and then Epcot later that same day. However, you CAN go to a theme park and one or more water parks
/DisneyQuest on the same day.

Confused? Yes, it is confusing, but there are many of us here who'll help you through it ... keep posting questions if you need to!:)

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
No, it does not add up to 16 days. Please re-read what I wrote.

You can go to a theme park and a water park on the same day. This will use one theme park day and one WPF&M admission.

You can go to one theme park and 2 water parks (or DisneyQuest, etc.) on the same day. This will use one theme park day and two WPF&M admissions.

You can go to two water parks and DisneyQuest all on the same day. This will use zero theme park days and 3 WPF&M admissions.

In other words, it's not like you have 16 things that you can only use one per day.

HOWEVER, it's also important to note that the THEME PARK days ... you can use only one of them per day, unless you pay extra for the park hopper option. Without the park hopper option, you can't use two "days" from your theme park ticket to go to Magic Kingdom in the morning and then Epcot later that same day. However, you CAN go to a theme park and one or more water parks
/DisneyQuest on the same day.

Confused? Yes, it is confusing, but there are many of us here who'll help you through it ... keep posting questions if you need to!:)
I understand...just playing the devil's advocate to get a better explanation.

Some people are going to want to do ONE thing per day, and they WILL run out of days by doing what I suggested.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom