Water Parks in December

pcarathers

We are going to be at WDW December 11-18 2010 and have been to WDW at this time before, but that was back in 2006. We were originally scheduled to be here in May, but due to conflicts beyond our control, we had to push it back to December to accommodate the other party. We had planned to do the waterparks for all the kids that are going with us, but I can not for the life of me, remember the weather. I remember the kids swimming at the hotel pool at POR, but I think they were only out there for a few minutes.

Has anyone else gone at this time and done the waterparks? We're just trying to figure out if we should plan for it or just play it by ear when we get there.....who knows what MOTHER NATURE will be doing since FL saw snow this year!!!!!!!!

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
The water is heated, and you can get warm weather at that time. Equally, it can also be cold. I think really you have to wait and see how it is, and a lot will depend on your preferences.

One of the water parks will also likely to be closed for a refurbishment at that time.

Upvote 0

pcarathers

Original Poster
Yeah, that's what we figured just play it by ear and see when we get there. We know that Typhoon is usually closed for refurb during this time and is ok with us, as we like BB better.....thanks for the input.....

Upvote 0

El Guapo

Been there, done that

We've done the water parks many times in December. Even this past December, when it was NOT warm. If you pick a sunny day without too much wind, you can make it work. And no crowds!

Upvote 0

RobnRachal

Our weather this past December was in the 80's, but we've been in the past, when we couldn't even wear shorts. It's a real gamble that time of year. Just keep your fingers crossed or go in a wetsuit :eek:

Upvote 0

CAPTAIN HOOK

Dec 08 we spent time at AKLs pool, wandered around the parks in shorts and T-Shirts. The weather was marvelous - a complete opposite to the weather experienced this last Dec (I believe)

Upvote 0

lovepooh

We were in the world this past Dec. Most days were cool and one day was a complete rain out. There was only one day it was warm enough for us to go to the pool. Those temps were in the mid 70's.

I saw its really a crap shoot. I wouldnt buy waterpark and more option on your tickets. If the weather gets nice I would go to the waterpark that day. Decemeber was a great time to go, but you have to be flexable and cant plan to go a waterpark on any given day. Go when the weather is warm enough.

Have a great time!:)

Upvote 0

pcarathers

Original Poster
Thanks for the replies.....we are not buying the waterpark and more option for that very reason. we figured we would just wait and play it by ear. We have been in Dec before, just could not remember swimming weather or not. thanks again.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom