Water park question

ilovelabs2021

We plan to go a water park for our July trip. The last time I was at an outdoor water park was YEARS ago. Is there place to put your flip flops before you get in line for a slide? Or do you suggest we get water shoes? Thanks!

Tuvalu

There are no footwear receptacles in queue lines. Most guests walk around barefoot. Disney uses water sprinklers to keep the pavement cool, but water shoes are good protection. You will need to hold them while on some water slides, however.

Upvote 0

Weather_Lady

FWIW, I typically wear Tevas (sturdy rubber hiking sandals with quick-drying velcro straps - tendinitis prevents me from going barefoot) to the water parks. They do double duty as my frequent footwear to the theme parks, as well, saving some extra space in my suitcase.

So far I've been allowed to leave them on, or in a few cases instructed to slip them off and hold them to my chest, on all the water park attractions, although I can't say what the policy is on that highest slide at Blizzard Beach, as I didn't attempt it.

I just make sure to give them a good rinse in the shower before we go, so the chlorine doesn't damage them.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bigorangeandy

We always wear some type of footwear. I usually wear my Tevas, my wife will wear flip flops or sandals. One thing that now matter what you wear, or don't wear, put sunscreen on the tops of your feet and reapply often! Walking around the parks with sunburned feet is not fun. Unless your feet are very tough, the concrete sidewalks will take there toll after a few hours.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom