Water Park EMH Test Aug 27-Sep 30

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
The Disney water parks, Typhoon Lagoon and Blizzard Beach, will test offering EMH hours for their guests from August 27 through September 30.

Tenative schedule:

EMH Morning (1 Hour prior to open) 9-10am, at Blizzard Beach on Aug 31, Sep 7, 14, 21, and 28.

EMH Night (3 hours after close) 7-10pm, at Typhoon Lagoon Aug 27, Sep 3, 10, 17, and 24.

peter11435

mousermerf said:
EMH Night (3 hours after close) 7-10pm, at Typhoon Lagoon Aug 27, Sep 3, 10, 17, and 24.

Hmmm. Who was it that said they would never keep water park open at night because it would be too dangerous? :D

AndyP

peter11435 said:
Hmmm. Who was it that said they would never keep water park open at night because it would be too dangerous? :D

Don't know but I hope they feel foolish now! (especially considering that you can already hire the wave pool and such during the night, or so I believe).

Good work the bosses at WDW, change for the better \o/

peter11435

AndyP said:
Don't know but I hope they feel foolish now! (especially considering that you can already hire the wave pool and such during the night, or so I believe).

Good work the bosses at WDW, change for the better \o/
Yeah, anyone with the cash can actually get an entire water park to themselves at night.

Disneyfan1981

I wonder if these will be a hit. Sometimes it can get pretty cold at night depending on time of year. I know that they probably don't have the EMH during the morning for Typhoon Lagoon because they do those surfing lessons but I wonder why Blizzard Beach doesn't have nighttime EMH....

ArielBelle

Disneyfan1981 said:
I wonder if these will be a hit. Sometimes it can get pretty cold at night depending on time of year.

That time of year in FL...definitely not hot. I can vow, being a Floridian my whole life, that we don't feel any chill in the air until about the first week of November. And for everyone else, the "chill" we think is cold, is hot and humid for everyone else!

peter11435

Disneyfan1981 said:
I wonder if these will be a hit. Sometimes it can get pretty cold at night depending on time of year. I know that they probably don't have the EMH during the morning for Typhoon Lagoon because they do those surfing lessons but I wonder why Blizzard Beach doesn't have nighttime EMH....
Remember this is just a test. If it goes well BB may do night EMH in the future. Also about getting cold at night. Look at any resort pool at night. The resort pools are always full late at night with the exception of like December and January.

I remember being at TL back in June of '98 and the water park would be open at night time. I don't remember the exact closing time but I do remember it being dark outside. It was not very crowded.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
peter11435 said:

It was me, and I said that I would doubt. We'll see what happens. Its curious that they did this after the peak summer season. They probably didn't want the park anywhere near full for it.

poohbear6103

Connor002 said:
are both the park equiped to operate at night?

i've never noticed any lighting fixtures

All I know is that Typhoon Lagoon is because they have surfing events early morning from 6:00AM-9:00AM and at night from 6:00PM-9:00PM.

peter11435

Connor002 said:
are both the park equiped to operate at night?

i've never noticed any lighting fixtures
Typhoon Lagoon is. According to OnWithTheShow BB is not. I have seen a few lighting fixtures around BB but not enough to be operational like TL.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
I've seen Typhoon in the early-early morning, and even the lazy river sorta glows like a normal pool. Also, it hosts a nighttime party each year for Gay Days where i'm assuming it's both crowded and dark - heard of them passing out glowsticks in various colors for folks to tie to their bathing suits.

Biff215

BB is not set up for after dark operations at this point. I enjoyed this while I worked there back in spring 2000. We were always closed by 7:30 while TL lifeguards often got stuck working special events well past then.

Our managers at BB would sometimes allow the guards to stay and play after the guests were gone, and we sometimes stayed past dusk. It did get fairly dark there however, and the managers usually kicked us out once the sun was down.

I imagine Disney saw the opportunity to hold nighttime events at TL mostly due to the draw of the wave pool, and installed the proper lighting. I'm just not sure I would want to be standing in line for a slide soaking wet in a bathing suit during some of those cool Florida nights.

Connor002

Biff215 said:
BB is not set up for after dark operations at this point. I enjoyed this while I worked there back in spring 2000. We were always closed by 7:30 while TL lifeguards often got stuck working special events well past then.

Our managers at BB would sometimes allow the guards to stay and play after the guests were gone, and we sometimes stayed past dusk. It did get fairly dark there however, and the managers usually kicked us out once the sun was down.

I imagine Disney saw the opportunity to hold nighttime events at TL mostly due to the draw of the wave pool, and installed the proper lighting. I'm just not sure I would want to be standing in line for a slide soaking wet in a bathing suit during some of those cool Florida nights.

i think "cool Florida nights" is a myth
to locals its cool, but to me its hot and humid

peter11435

Biff215 said:

AFAIK Typhoon Lagoon was built with the proper lighting.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom