WATER PARK ADVICE

yensid67

We are planning an EXTENTED FAMILY trip...We will have 1-2 days for extra 'something'. Of the 2 water park, which is a must for first timers? What else could be a MUST DO for first timers? (3 adults, 2 kids)

nickys

Premium Member
We are planning an EXTENTED FAMILY trip...We will have 1-2 days for extra 'something'. Of the 2 water park, which is a must for first timers? What else could be a MUST DO for first timers? (3 adults, 2 kids)

What time are you planning to visit? Typically between around October through February, only one of the water parks is open. One closes for a refurb, followed by the other.

Mini golf, the Void at DS, boating in either Crescent Lake,, 7 Seas Lagoon or Bay Lake. Activities at FW - kayaking, archery, pony trails. Carriage rides at POR or FW, or the cheaper Hay Wagon ride at FW. Lots of resort activities at AKL.

Legoland, Kennedy Space Center, Sea World are worth considering if you have transport. Airboat ride, Gatorland.

Upvote 0

yensid67

Original Poster
TY Nickys...I guess if on water park is closed, then it doesn't matter which one is better! :) We are planning a December trip. Thanks for your input!

Upvote 0

Mike730

Of the two water parks, IMO Typhoon Lagoon is much better. Blizzard beach has more play areas for young kids and different/clever themeing, but everything else at TL is better. I hope it's open for you.

Upvote 0

ELG13

We go to blizzard beach every year because its definitely more small kid friendly. We really enjoyed the kiddie area and the wave pool is much more manageable than typhoon lagoon. My 6 yr old did a majority of the rides. I'll caution you against the single person tube race. Once I got to the top and saw there was a foot stool that appears to keep you from going down I realized I had made a serious mistake 😂 luckily it was over quickly!

Upvote 0

belledream

I love Blizzard Beach's theme and slides but I think Typhoon Lagoon is a more complete package with slides and the awesome wave pool, so I'd lean towards that if I could only go to one. Of course, whichever one is open may be your deciding factor. :p

Winter Summerland minigolf at Blizzard Beach is also fun. The course is better themed than Fantasia Gardens, in my opinion. I also think it's a little easier, level-wise.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom