Watching Wishes from California Grill

giantgolfer

Original Poster
Does anyone know how far in advance you'd need to make an ADR in order to watch Wishes from the California Grill? I'd assume it books up pretty quickly...

Thanks!

alitressa

I read somewhere, maybe here, that in order to take the elevator up to the California Grill you must have a reservation- the host's podium is at the elevator entrance. So you can't just go to the balcony and watch Wishes and then eat somewhere else.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
alitressa said:
I read somewhere, maybe here, that in order to take the elevator up to the California Grill you must have a reservation- the host's podium is at the elevator entrance. So you can't just go to the balcony and watch Wishes and then eat somewhere else.

That is the case. Last summer we tried towatch Wishes from the balcony as we were not seated near a window. Unfortunately there was a party of buisness types who had had a few too many hello cheekies and were a bit loud n leary

Alisonsvilla

well we did in February of this year.

Didn't appear to be a problem-and certainly no-one stopped us from using the elevator.

In fact once the show was over we ordered a snack from the bar just outside.

ToTBellHop

jchriscandy said:
What would be the best time to try to make a PS for? I want to make sure my group is there before the fireworks.
Depends on the night...Wishes plays at a different time throughout the year, but I'd say plan on maybe a half hour before the show starts, so you get adequate time to get up there, sit down, look over the menu, and order before the show, and by the time the show ends, your food will be about ready.

Frank Stallone

There is an observation area on the 4th floor that is open to the public.

Also, if you tell them you are just going to the bar, they will let you go up. And if you stick around, perhaps have a couple drinks, then you're more than welcome to watch the fireworks from up there.

jdvm

We eat there all the time (we live here) and offer the following: There now is only one elevator that goes to the 15th floor and you have to get that one on the second floor check-in area for California Grill. We have often been stopped trying to get on the elevator. They seem pretty strict about letting people up.

We try to plan our meal around the fireworks and tell the waiter when we sit down that we want the fireworks break to be between the appetizers and main course; between the main course and dessert or whatever makes sense. You can go on lots of websites and find the time of the fireworks....assume 10 pm when the park is open late.

Reservations aren't as difficult as you might think as a lot of people don't likem to eat late.

Hope this helps.

steviej

jchriscandy said:
What would be the best time to try to make a PS for? I want to make sure my group is there before the fireworks.

we watched wishes from california grill a couple years ago. I think we made our reservation for 8:45ish. And in 90 days in advance. Once you are seated, make sure you take long breaks between appetizers, entrees, and desserts. But make sure you take care of the waiter at the end of the meal, because we did, and he told us to call him if we ever want him as our server again, even gave us a card... and he only waits tables by the windows facing the castle :animwink:

animay

Bar view question

I've just made dining reservations for me and my fiance for the California Grill in Sept. Many trips to Disney, but our first time eating there and she's excited. We'll hopefully be viewing the fireworks.

Our time is for 10 minutes after they start, but the cast member on the phone said (and has been suggested here) we could go up a little early and drink at the bar so we could still see the fireworks. Can you see anything from the bar, or only from within the restaurant itself? The other option is a 7:20 seating, but I don't think I can drag out the meal until 9:00.

KnK

I guss my husband I must be slow. We also go in September, and hit CG at least twice during the trip. We do always make PS for our last dinner, and also spur of the moment meals there as well.

We have eatten in the bar area and the dining room area. We usually get about a 7:30 dinner reservation and the fireworks usually go off at 9:00. Never once have we had a problem stetching things out. For us it kinda happens naturally. Most of the staff know that people want to stay and watch the fireworks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom