Was this a real EPCOT attraction?

Cheekylittlerobot

Original Poster
Ok, so I haven't used this forum in quite a while, so forgive me if questions like this are considered annoying nowadays... I was looking for older pictures of Innoventions back when it was still open and I came across a website with photos I had never seen before.
Here's the site: https://halloranassociates.com/projects/ibm-epcot-innoventions/
The pictures claim to be of IBM Thinkplace, which was present in Innoventions from 2002 to 2009 according to Wikipedia and some other sources. However, I can't find any photos to cross reference this or any information about IBM Thinkplace and the activities it contained. I can only find footage of the later IBM exhibits, such as THINK and Smarter Planet. Does anyone have any information about Thinkplace or any photos to confirm that the exhibit actually looked like what is shown on the site I found? I'm wondering if what is on the site is a mockup design or something different from the final exhibit.

If anyone has any info at all I'd be eternally grateful!! 🙏🏾🙏🏾

Cmdr_Crimson

Ok, so I haven't used this forum in quite a while, so forgive me if questions like this are considered annoying nowadays... I was looking for older pictures of Innoventions back when it was still open and I came across a website with photos I had never seen before.
Here's the site: https://halloranassociates.com/projects/ibm-epcot-innoventions/
The pictures claim to be of IBM Thinkplace, which was present in Innoventions from 2002 to 2009 according to Wikipedia and some other sources. However, I can't find any photos to cross reference this or any information about IBM Thinkplace and the activities it contained. I can only find footage of the later IBM exhibits, such as THINK and Smarter Planet. Does anyone have any information about Thinkplace or any photos to confirm that the exhibit actually looked like what is shown on the site I found? I'm wondering if what is on the site is a mockup design or something different from the final exhibit.

If anyone has any info at all I'd be eternally grateful!! 🙏🏾🙏🏾
This should help...

Cheekylittlerobot

Original Poster

Cmdr_Crimson

Thanks, but that is the THINK exhibit, which is different from Thinkplace (despite the similar name)

I actually found a website talking about Thinkplace but the images associated with it are different from what I expected. The mystery continues I guess.
There was also this small video clip on YouTube..

TrainsOfDisney

Like others - I vaguely remember it but don’t remember much about it.

My favorite was always the house of the future tour! And for the limited time when Velcro had the comedy show with comedy warehouse actors! Haha.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom