Was Sly Stallone at DTD in December?

darthjohnny

Original Poster
I went to the Planet Hollywood Store in the West Side of Downtown Disney in order to buy one of the special limited edition Rocky shirts. The store clerk told me that Sylvester Stallone was here December 22nd, 2006 as a surprise in order to premiere his film, Rocky Balboa, in the AMC 24 Theater and do a special promotion with Planet Hollywood.

Anyone know any info on this? If it was true, I'd be really mad because I went up there that nigh to start my vacation, and almost did go to Downtown Disney, but my family and I decided we were too tired. :( I would have really liked to see him.

Dukeblue1016

Sorry, I do not have any information about this; but that just got me really excited!!! I LOVE Rocky movies... love love love them... and I don't care what anyone says... I liked Rocky Balboa; no it didn't live up to Rocky 1-IV... but it was great closure...

I think I watch a Rocky movie tonight now

palmage

I'm not sure I understand the whole Rocky thing.
Sylvester is a horrible actor, you know he's gonna win.
So you sit through 2 hours of dribble and bad acting.
And then you already know the outcome.

I just don't get it..............................but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

isitingood

I just don't get it..............................but that's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

The first two movies were good but the rest were terrible.

You know he's gonna win? he didnt win in all the rocky movies.

and yes, he was in Downtown disney for premeir of Rocky Balboa, aintitcoolnews.com had q&a' with him going on for about a week and he mentioned it.
:wave:

isitingood

You know he's gonna win? he didnt win in all the rocky movies.

and yes, he was in Downtown disney for premeir of Rocky Balboa, aintitcoolnews.com had q&a' with him going on for about a week and he mentioned it.
:wave:

I agree at the end of Rocky1 he lost to Apollo by split decision.

isitingood

Rocky 5, yes, but don't hate on Clubber Lane and Ivan Drago. ;)

Also, back in 97 we apparently just missed Sly @ Planet Hollywood. All the employees there were still abuzz.

BTW it's Clubber Lang, ok I must admit that one was pretty good but still not a good as the first two. As for RockyIV I didn't like it because it was biased it made the Russian look like a steroid user.

imagineer99

The original Rocky is the inspiration for pretty much every other sports movie ever created. Without Rocky, there would be no Cinderella Man, or Remember the Titans, or The Karate Kid. It's a fantastic piece of cinema and easily deserves a spot on the top 100 movies of all time. Oh, and Rocky lost in both the first and last movie. So, he doesn't always win....;)

Rocky Balboa was awesome! It would be really cool to meet Stallone!! Hopefully, with any luck, he is at Downtown Disney on my next trip! And yes, he probably was training Tigger how to fight those dumb kids who try to mess with him!:lol:

"It ain't over 'til it's over."

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom