Warning if staying at Poly

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Just a heads up, if staying at the Poly Villas, the construction of the ticketing area at the Transported Center is going on right next to the Moorea building and it is as loud as can be. It started just before 7AM with truck beeps and does not seem to stop. Honestly if we had not unpacked already I would request a room change. But also I think a lot of rooms in other buildings are effected too. Not much you can do, though I wish they waited till 9AM to start with the trucks.

Last edited:

John park hopper

We stayed at CBR in May 2017 and they had just started construction, we booked long before they announced construction would begin. They gave us a $75/day gift card for the inconvenience. If I were you I would check with the front desk or call reservations and explain the situation. If you booked before construction was announced you may get some compensation. Worth a try

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Does anyone know when the construction was announced and when it's planned to be finished?
Not sure seems they have a lot to do. There are backhoes about 30 yards from the room.
Edit:Spoke with managers they said construction told them they would wait till 9 and I guess did not do that. She was very nice and accommodating, I said sending a notice to guests would be a big help.

Last edited:

correcaminos

Wow, I just got back and didn't see anything that I can recall. I know they want to redo some things in the future for the 50th coming up but wasn't aware the TTC was getting something (I know Epcot sure the heck is!)

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Wow, I just got back and didn't see anything that I can recall. I know they want to redo some things in the future for the 50th coming up but wasn't aware the TTC was getting something (I know Epcot sure the heck is!)
Yeah, I know its lots of repaving. We are in Moorea near the end facing the parking lot. Luck of the draw. Construction is just over beyond the trees near the walkwaybto the TTC and next to the parking lot for the Poly. Hopefully they start later. I totally uh understand work has to be done, but when the rocks were being dumped into the truck and multiple truck beeping were going on and you could hear workers shouting all at once it was kinda comical.

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
Just a heads up, if staying at the Poly Villas, the construction of the ticketing area at the Transported Center is going on right next to the Moorea building and it is as loud as can be. It started just before 7AM with truck beeps and does not seem to stop. Honestly if we had not unpacked already I would request a room change. But also I think a lot of rooms in other buildings are effected too. Not much you can do, though I wish they waited till 9AM to start with the trucks.
Not sure seems they have a lot to do. There are backhoes about 30 yards from the room.
Edit:Spoke with managers they said construction told them they would wait till 9 and I guess did not do that. She was very nice and accommodating, I said sending a notice to guests would be a big help.

In April I had a lagoon view studio near the boat dock and between the construction and ferry noise it was unbearable. My advice is to make good use of the in room commentary cards which direct you to a survey webpage. Two days after leaving feedback regarding the unpleasant experience, someone from DVC Guest relations gave me a call and comp'd me an equal number of nights for a future trip at a DVC Studio.

correcaminos

Yeah, I know its lots of repaving. We are in Moorea near the end facing the parking lot. Luck of the draw. Construction is just over beyond the trees near the walkwaybto the TTC and next to the parking lot for the Poly. Hopefully they start later. I totally uh understand work has to be done, but when the rocks were being dumped into the truck and multiple truck beeping were going on and you could hear workers shouting all at once it was kinda comical.
You are totally right to be upset by it and not happy with that much loud construction especially early in the morning. I'm with you I know they have to do construction, but geez. I am just sorry that this has put a small damper on your trip. I am just shocked I didn't see it and we rode that monorail around the resorts many times as well as were around the TTC often last week.

eliza61nyc

wow, I wonder why they are starting so early. I was there when the work was being done at the WL, I commented on it upon check in and the cm assured me that nothing would start before 9 AM. She was absolutely correct, we didn't hear a peep before then.

Simba’s Mom

Yikes! I hope this is finished by September for my stay at the Polynesian Villas. I have no idea which of the 3 buildings I'll be in, but my luck says Moorea on the construction end.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
Yikes! I hope this is finished by September for my stay at the Polynesian Villas. I have no idea which of the 3 buildings I'll be in, but my luck says Moorea on the construction end.
I doubt t they will still be working on it by by then. Management must have spoken with them because they started later the past 2 days. At vero beach now...no construction in sight, just the sound of the waves!

jaklgreen

We were just there 2 weeks ago and had the last room down the hallway in the Moorea building, 3rd floor and could see the TTC and the construction from our balcony. We were not really bothered by the noise. Maybe we are just heavy sleepers. People slamming their doors and yelling up and down the hallways was more of a nuisance to us.

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I know this is not specific to my original post topic, but man Vero is really cool. Maybe the best maintained property I have seen.

BoarderPhreak

Translation: "Sorry, not sorry. No gift card for you."

Club Cooloholic

Original Poster
I think Vero just finished a refurbishment, so it should be in good shape.
It looks phenomenal. My kids really love nature too so we have had the chance to see a pod of dolphins swimming by the resort, manatees a few miles up the road, the nature trail at the resort and then my wife and daughter did the turtle night walk where they saw a loggerhead lay eggs in the beach.Pretty cool
Translation: "Sorry, not sorry. No gift card for you."
No, they actually comped a night

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom