Want to see Song of the South?????

MrPromey

Well, from what I understand the NAACP officially has no problem with the movie today…

Also, I don’t think Uncle Remus was a slave. Wasn’t he a share cropper? (Still not a shining example of PR by today’s standards)

I actually saw a guy selling videos of it at a flea market in Clayton Georgia over the 4th of July weekend this year for $25 on VHS.. I got all excited till I got a closer look (he had it playing in a little TV-VCR combo) It was the Japanese version complete with Japanese subtitles dubbed to a US VHS tape. The clamshell it came in was one of the smaller black harder plastic clamshells that you can by for your own tapes third party instead of the soft oversized clamshells that Disney and other studios show. The label for the video inside the clamshell looked like it had been scanned in and printed out on a cheap inkjet printer. The barcode on the back was all bitmapped. If they were trying to make it look legit, they were doing an incredibly poor job of it. Had it been selling for like $10 I would have bought it but it didn’t seem right to me to buy it from a guy who was just making copies of copies in his basement at home and selling them for pure profit. The quality looked like it was several generations of tap along, too.

Jekyll

Originally posted by DogsRule!
A lot of people don't like the idea of a happy, singing slave...to put it simply, people are stupid. This is a part of American history and it's hard to see people being any more ignorant than trying to censor our own history...kinda like Pirates of the Caribbean--"You can't portray pirates the way pirates really acted!". Soon, they won't be able to teach slavery in history classes...it's very much like 1984, trying to censor the past..

Ahh but in this case it isn't the govement censoring but a company censoring itself. There is the difference. In a way it's good to see a company hold such strong moral standards for itself.

-j

Parker

I found a copy on WinMx the other day and they have a Divx and Mpeg version for downloads.

I didn't download it though, it would have taken forever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom