Want a Mustang at Sanford Airport

DarloDisneyNut

Original Poster
Hi

We want to hire a mustang for the 2 weeks that we go next year. Ive been through all the websites and they all mention mustangs but when you get in a bit deeper none of them will guarantee one. Is there any companys that will definitely have one?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I don't think any North American car rental companies guarantee a particular model, they usually will offer a "class" of car and give you that or better. I've had numerous occasions where they didn't have what I requested and tried to "upgrade" me free of charge to some monster SUV that would cost me three times as much to fill with gas.

In most cases they do match your request though, particularly with an iconic vehicle such as a Mustang.

DarloDisneyNut

Original Poster
Thankyou

God forbid I actually have to pick up a phone and talk to a real person instead of doing it all online :ROFLOL:

Whats the world coming too?

miles1

You may have a hard time renting a sporty car at Sanford. In our experience, a large part of Sanford's clientele are "snowbirds", or east coast senior citizens that go to Florida for the winter months. I'm sure the rental companies keep a large stock of cars that fit their preferences.

Last time we flew into Sanford, I had reserved a mid-size sedan and wound up with a gargantuan Buick LaSabre that was like driving Aunt Gertrude's living room. (It kind of smelled like Aunt Gertrude, too.)

I can't offer any advice for getting the car you want. The only thing I can tell you is to wait and check more than one company when you get there until you find something you want. It shouldn't take that long--Sanford is relatively quiet compared to Orlando Airport and the lines, if any, are very short.

Have a good trip.

DarloDisneyNut

Original Poster

Yeah thats the problem, they all have pictures of Mustangs on the site but when you read the small print it says Mustang or similiar (sebring)

Sanford is the easiest airport coming from the UK, small and out of town so when your tired and want to get where you are going it beats battling your way out of Orlando in a unfamiliar car.

We are getting 2 cars as there is 8 of us going so might just all get in a people carrier then hunt down a mustang a couple of days later

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
Yeah thats the problem, they all have pictures of Mustangs on the site but when you read the small print it says Mustang or similiar (sebring)

Or similar could also mean an Eclipse or New Beetle convertible, as those seem to be the other two common rental convertibles.

DarloDisneyNut

Original Poster
Or similar could also mean an Eclipse or New Beetle convertible, as those seem to be the other two common rental convertibles.

I definitely dont want either of those. Im afraid its a Mustang or nothing. We're going for the dream holiday no expense spared, dont want to have to drive a VW or a Mitsi

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom