Walts Vision...

Adam Snider

Original Poster
So idk if a thread was made like this, probably. If Walt was still alive today how do you think the parks would be? Would they be even close like they are today or would there be an entirely different approach/ culture behind Disney World?

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
So idk if a thread was made like this, probably. If Walt was still alive today how do you think the parks would be? Would they be even close like they are today or would there be an entirely different approach/ culture behind Disney World?
Please don't go here. NO ONE knows, and it is all conjecture and opinion. And yes, there have been many threads on this. People will claim that they are experts that know exactly what he wouldn't like about the parks today. THEY DON"T HAVE A CLUE.

danlb_2000

Premium Member

It's really hard to guess what it would be like. We know a lot about Walt, but the world changed in a lot of ways and it's really hard to know how Walt would have dealt with those changes.

Adam Snider

Original Poster
Please don't go here. NO ONE knows, and it is all conjecture and opinion. And yes, there have been many threads on this. People will claim that they are experts that know exactly what he wouldn't like about the parks today. THEY DON"T HAVE A CLUE.
I know no one knows, but just fun to hear peoples ideas

Cmdr_Crimson

Walt: Guys? Where's my City?
walt-disney-florida-project-epcot-112113.jpg

Kamikaze

The answer is no. He would have built what he envisioned, E.P.C.O.T.

If you want to know what he would have built, the Progress City model is your best bet.

There is really not much up for debate, actually. He would have built what he wanted, as long as it was technologically possible. Very few times in Walt's life did he want to do something and not see it through.

HM Spectre

I know no one knows, but just fun to hear peoples ideas

It would be fun if people could keep it civil but these threads always end with everyone acting like their opinion was given to them personally by Walt's ghost and that other opinions are invalid.

The principles/values that Walt used to build the company and culture are timeless but in terms of the parks... Walt was so forward looking and innovative, who knows what he'd favor today?

Heck, under his leadership for another 50 years, the company probably would have invented loads of technology that doesn't even exist yet (rather than just sit back and milk IP dry)... but that's a discussion for another thread. ;)

mergatroid

Agree with the above. For instance on one of these threads somebody was adamant that Walt wouldn't have allowed Starbucks in the parks and he'd be spinning in his grave if he saw an advertising logo like that in the MK ruining the magic, HE WOULD NEVER LET THAT HAPPEN!!!!!

A few posts later we get a photograph of Disneyland in the 60's with a HUGE Coca Cola logo smack bang in the middle of the MK sponsoring an attraction. At this point I believe the thread descended into chaos with people deciding that name calling would win the argument for some bizarre reason :rolleyes:

TP2000

Walt died five years before WDW ever opened. Walt had no personal impact on the Florida properties ultimate planning and construction, much less its daily operation. We also have no idea how Walt would have dealt with all the social changes of the last 50 years, so the "Walt's way" of operating Disneyland from 1955 until his death in 1966 is hard to extrapolate out to how he would run things in Florida in 2016.

And just to cut to the chase for @mergatroid I'll leave this image of Disneyland circa mid 1960's here...
KTPBK_7_72_N33R.jpg

Anyone thirsty yet?

bjlc57

well you can get some true insight in reading the BOOK.. Be Like WALT... that he was for the average guy and not the ultra rich.. he picked up in the park... just like the the cleaning crew.. He stated that there will "always be dime coffee at Disney" .. He had a never quit attitude and wasn't about money, in the sense that he wasn't going to let MONEY STOP HIS DREAM.. Nor its TIMELINESS.. no that was His brother.. whom he battled with to get from here to there in the park and future parks.. if Walt had a dream to build it.. HE WAS GOING TO.. if Walt needed an idea, anyone..from the garbage man on up was on equal footing.. and he wasn't afraid to fail.. instead of going for the sure thing.. and record profit, Walt believed in himself and his dreams.. even though he failed numerous time at cartooning before hitting on Mickey Mouse.. Snow White was as far out on a limb as a guy could go.. but He believed. and he didn't quit.. He begged,borrowed , and sold what ever he could to get Disney Land up and running.. He was HANDS ON.. and didn't cowtow to the corporate greed... or naysayers . it was all the things that DISNEY TRIES REAL HARD TO SELL US.. but that the DON"T BELIEVE THEMSELVES anymore.. all the things that Wishes is about.. that stuff that the DISNEY POWER BOARD WANTS US TO PAY UP TO $150 per day or night for.. but wouldn't know how to start to believe it or apply it to the parks.. The stuff they are selling us and laughing for believing this giant AMOUNT OF BS.. as they crank the money counting machines.. and say "WHAT OTHER TYPE OF STUFF CAN WE MAKE UP and LIE TO THE RUBES.. Oh this Main street.. Mom and Apple pie crap.. that will get them to OPEN THEIR WALLETS.. None of that IS WALT DISNEY Nor his vision.. NONE OF IT.. because just like some preachers I hear, their voice says one thing .. but their hearts and their actions say something totally different.. Make a place where EVERY ONE can be happy.. in fact lets call it the Happiest Place on Earth.. ..That's Walt Disney's vision.. and for you to say ' it can't exist at this time ' they have a place for you in the bowels deep under the castle . churning that Money counting machine.. because deep in your heart, that's the only thing you believe in.. can you be like Walt.. Yes you can each and every day.. Can Disney be like Walt.. yes they can.. but the first thing they need to do.. is get rid of those money counters..those dark evil souls.. and HIRE DREAMERS>. and Disney World can be restored..

kjb101791

This is a fun thing to think about. An interesting point is that the question was raised by someone with a Figment avatar lol. I can accept that people like it, but in my opinion, it is very dated and awkward, which I don't think Walt would like.

I think he would be happy with the sentiment that still exists. I don't think (at least I hope...) he wouldn't be fond of the Star Wars-ification of everything.

Wdw62114

This is a fun thing to think about. An interesting point is that the question was raised by someone with a Figment avatar lol. I can accept that people like it, but in my opinion, it is very dated and awkward, which I don't think Walt would like.

I think he would be happy with the sentiment that still exists. I don't think (at least I hope...) he wouldn't be fond of the Star Wars-ification of everything.
Agreed.
I know I am the minority here but I personally HATE the Star Wars presence. I understand that change is good for companies and it will make Disney stronger, but when I think of Disney, I don't think Star Wars. I just hope it doesn't bleed over to MK ever.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom