walt

GoofyRules

Original Poster
can someone put these words so a 5th grader can understand? hehe (although im a college kid)

DISNEYLAND Park, launched in 1955 as a fabulous $17-million magic kingdom, soon had increased its investment tenfold, and by the beginning of its second quarter-century, had enter-tained more than 200 million people, including presidents, kings and queens, and royalty from all over the globe.

DISNEYLAND Park, launched in 1955 as a fabulous $17-million magic kingdom, soon had increased its investment tenfold, and by the beginning of its second quarter-century, had enter-tained more than 200 million people, including presidents, kings and queens, and royalty from all over the globe.

Well...that is a noodle scratcher (ah...Ned Flanders...) and I'm in College too :confused:

I think they mean that after it's first 25 years it had made $17 million 10 times over etc. I guess that's what they meant by second quarter century? Unless it's some weird economic term :lol:

GoofyRules

Original Poster
i think it means that at the end of 50 years- more than 200million people have entered disneyland including presidents, kings and queens, and royalty from all over the globe.
and that it cost 17mil to build the mk, which in return made the stock raise 10 time the amount?!?!

GoofyRules

Original Poster
well it says "beginning of its second quarter-century" ahhhh i was reading end of for some reason...b/c lets think this out, shall we?
century = 100 years
a quarter of this would = 25 years
so the second quarter = 50years

...so i suppose it means that it took them the first "quarter-century" (25year) to surpass the 200 million people mark?!

:cry: I don't know! Well, uh..the country was less populated then, and it was new? No idea! :confused: Maybe someone more skilled can help, since I''m doing a horrible job, hehe.

GoofyRules

Original Poster
ok doesnt specify a length of time, but in a short amount of time, they had made 10 times the 17mil that they had invested....then by 1980 (25 years down the road) they had over 200 million guests

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom