News Walt Disney World's Character meet locations to reopen along with more shows and entertainment

MagicHappens1971

IIRC, the Talking Mickey head required two operators: a "fur" character and a "head" operator. The number of phrases and expressions were pretty limited too. But, the latter is my opinion; I only saw him once.
Although the phrases were limited, I enjoyed talking Mickey, it brought more life to the character, I wish it had stayed and had even rolled out further, I believe they tested Donald & Minnie (?). The “live character”, I believe it was called initiative kind of died off, I loved the Wall-E and Remy AAs. These are the experiences I feel like most guests want, at least for certain characters, I’d rather see Remy on a plate talking to guests than stand at height level with the fur character.

TikibirdLand

Although the phrases were limited, I enjoyed talking Mickey, it brought more life to the character, I wish it had stayed and had even rolled out further, I believe they tested Donald & Minnie (?). The “live character”, I believe it was called initiative kind of died off, I loved the Wall-E and Remy AAs. These are the experiences I feel like most guests want, at least for certain characters, I’d rather see Remy on a plate talking to guests than stand at height level with the fur character.
I saw video of the Remy on a Plate M&G. Would have loved to experience it. The only Wall-E AA I've see is a guy that made one from scratch. I got to do a M&G with BB-8 and Chewy on our last visit. Loved both interactions. Wish they had more of these!

MagicHappens1971

I saw video of the Remy on a Plate M&G. Would have loved to experience it. The only Wall-E AA I've see is a guy that made one from scratch. I got to do a M&G with BB-8 and Chewy on our last visit. Loved both interactions. Wish they had more of these!
Disney did make a Wall-E AA, I believe it made an appearance at one of the D23 Parks panels sometime between 09-13ish. I don’t remember exactly when, I don’t think it ever made it outside of that though

Cesar R M

Disney did make a Wall-E AA, I believe it made an appearance at one of the D23 Parks panels sometime between 09-13ish. I don’t remember exactly when, I don’t think it ever made it outside of that though
It also was present in one of the parks for a presentation as well. I dunno where it was. But I remember the youtube video. It was adorable.

ToTBellHop

Although Pete's isn't actually open with the full character line-up, I did just hear that the Chipmunks maybe meeting in there on occasion. So not fully open as before, but at least signs of life.
They certainly should try to reopen it by summer to add a covered, climate-controlled character meeting space.

Piebald

I was so confused at Universal this past weekend. Face characters had lines to meet them face to face but fur characters were still roped off with pictures from a distance lol

Piebald

That’s how it is it Disney in many locations still.
Face to face? I know they're roped off from a distance but at IoA Captain America and Rogue were meeting as normal. But King Julian and Bart were roped off for the awkward photos from 6 feet in front. I couldnt find the logic at all unless the face characters can be vocal about no hugs or something

CaptainAmerica

emperors-new-groove-no-touchy.gif

celluloid

I was so confused at Universal this past weekend. Face characters had lines to meet them face to face but fur characters were still roped off with pictures from a distance lol

You think that is confusing. You can interact, eat and touch the same objects that they do as well as work with performers on Starcruiser in the same crowded building space but can't meet and greet a handshake with Mickey.

This is why I feel as staffing gets easier to fill, we will see the actual meet and greet format return.

Last edited:

WorldExplorer

Maybe this is a dumb question, but would staffing matter in some of these cases? Every time I go to see Mickey he's got like four attendants hanging around him and obviously he's there all day anyway.

Maybe not enough photo people, but, just speaking personally, I'd a. Much rather Mickey have a photographer than there be like five of them at different angles of the castle, and b. Would rather get to actually interact with Mickey and have to figure out how to get a photo than not get to interact with him and also have to figure out a photo.

(It anything, no photographer and no interaction just make the other doubly suck. Mickey might as well be a cardboard cutout for all the fun he is currently, so the picture is the only point, but I can't even get a good picture of the cardboard cutout.)

celluloid

Maybe this is a dumb question, but would staffing matter in some of these cases? Every time I go to see Mickey he's got like four attendants hanging around him and obviously he's there all day anyway.

Maybe not enough photo people, but, just speaking personally, I'd a. Much rather Mickey have a photographer than there be like five of them at different angles of the castle, and b. Would rather get to actually interact with Mickey and have to figure out how to get a photo than not get to interact with him and also have to figure out a photo.

(It anything, no photographer and no interaction just make the other doubly suck. Mickey might as well be a cardboard cutout for all the fun he is currently, so the picture is the only point, but I can't even get a good picture of the cardboard cutout.)

It takes a good amount of rotation spots for the characters to have a line constantly moving so one moves in while the other leaves. Without the college program there have been less character trained "friends" and people to portray roles. If there are illness call outs, which happen even without Covid it hits even harder. That is why I brought up staffing. Similar to the reason we are still waiting on the hopeful return of the rest of the parking trams and teams.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom