Walt Disney World's 40th?

DisneyParksFan1

Original Poster
So I recall a while ago there were rumors going around about a 40th anniversary celebration happening at WDW. It was supposedly going to include a new parade at MK along with a castle stage show and fireworks. Whatever happened to this? Was it canceled? I also recall hearing about the return of Spectromagic 40th anniversary edition with a new float or two with an updated, more modernized parade.

Thanks in advanced. I really hope they didn't end up canceling these plans.

IowaHawks7

I also heard the rumor of Spectromagic. But i doubt they will change the fireworks they just added the new show before it and just brought Wishes back

SeaCastle

Last I read (a long time ago), a new daytime parade/Castle show was definite. Since I haven't seen anymore about it, I don't know if this is still the case. Spectro was supposed to undergo a full refurb (helped by a sponsorship from Siemens) but I'm not sure if it's returning.

ThemeParkOne over on Twitter (formerly MiceChat) hinted at a new fireworks show in a couple of years. That was the first I saw of it so take of it what you will.

jmick71

spectromagic is sitting in the parade float storage building behind splash mountain. and if we were getting a celebration we would have herd about it/ it would be going on now( they are already advertising there 40th with merch.)
and what new firework show????? wishes has been playing since 2003( expt summer nightastic, which was not really new just pirate and princess party firework with the word Nightastic thrown in to every other sentence) i don't think these plans were ever definite, just wishful thinking!!!

etwtec

Given, from what it sounds, that the Spectro floats are Still just sitting in the parade warehouse, I have a feeling it is going to return "as is" and nothing will be changed

jmick71

Given, from what it sounds, that the Spectro floats are Still just sitting in the parade warehouse, I have a feeling it is going to return "as is" and nothing will be changed

spectromagic is right next(in the same building as) to MS electrical parade so it is easily accessible and could be easily worked on.
i went on the tour keys to the kingdom and it was so cool seeing the two parades right next to each other!:D

Compass East

There is the Destination D 40th anniversary event -- it seems like an amazing dive into the history/future, but doesn't seem to relate to any in-park changes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom