News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
SW Land is beautiful but the last minute cuts are more visible there then in any of the other modern, “immersive” lands - by a long shot.

Pandora is the only case in which an IP has made me LESS interested in a land. I’m fairly easy to please with blockbusters, but Avatar is actively off putting.
It’s great quality…but the lack of correct theming for the land and the rides is as predictable a mistake as Disney had made since imagination without figment and dream finder opened.

it’s fixable…which probably makes it worse

Ragerunner

I would wait a few months before comparing park prices. Let’s see what Universal and SeaWorld do with their annual passes now.

I also think we will see a more apples to apples comparison in prices when Universal completes Epic.

Casper Gutman

Pandora was absolutely a counter to Rowlings Giving Disney the shove…they HAD a deal in place prior but Disney’s concepts sucked. They proposed a miniland in magic kingdom 🙄. Iger couldn’t find enough dimes in the couch…

but Pandora is fine…they did a great job. Star Wars land is mostly a punt because they wouldn’t use the foundation franchise (even though they have a billion references to it) and came up with a nothing backstory….

oh and the other thing: designed two bad rides on two movies that have zero staying power.

anyone remember much about the source material? Anyone? It’s been 4-6 years 😂

rogue one land would be immensely more popular…who called that?

…ok. Off course. Back to passes
I was willing to go along with the sequel trilogy theming - I’m one of the weirdos who liked LJ - right up until the release of Skywalker, which made such an enormous mess of the whole endeavor.

As for the Avatar sequels, I suspect interest in the delays will make 2 a moderate hit but 3 will flop badly, and WDW will be looking to retheme by 2030 - which shouldn’t be too hard, since the whole land has, what, two alien AAs?

PS: And it’s a good thing Uni has Marvel on this coast, because the DL land is indisputably the worst waste of a franchise at a theme park. So bad it reflects on the whole company.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was willing to go along with the sequel trilogy theming - I’m one of the weirdos who liked LJ - right up until the release of Skywalker, which made such an enormous mess of the whole endeavor.

As for the Avatar sequels, I suspect interest in the delays will make 2 a moderate hit but 3 will flop badly, and WDW will be looking to retheme by 2030 - which shouldn’t be too hard, since the whole land has, what, two alien AAs?

PS: And it’s a good thing Uni has Marvel on this coast, because the DL land is indisputably the worst waste of a franchise at a theme park. So bad it reflects on the whole company.
All 3 were a mess…never been a more egregious misunderstanding of an IP ever…George was just really greedy…I can understand that…

not Disney…talk to a fan before you go reboot/deck clearing/disaster

avatar is never gonna be rethemed. It works well enough on its own and they’ll stand pat

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I would wait a few months before comparing park prices. Let’s see what Universal and SeaWorld do with their annual passes now.

I also think we will see a more apples to apples comparison in prices when Universal completes Epic.
They may even lower them to try and siphon business off Disney. There is an opportunity for the competition here…and as Disney aggressively makes its customers weigh “how much is that emotional attachment worth?”…that opportunity will be there and could grow

mikejs78

Premium Member
Honestly, we went Christmas week 2019, and the crowds weren’t awful. For better or for worse, effectively placing surge pricing on tickets and resort stays has leveled out the crowds considerably.

I was just trying to provide context for Spring Break’s removal. Crowds are certainly higher around Easter when it falls around March 30/April 1 since many school districts do still align with Easter so Good Friday isn’t an orphaned day off, and pushing K-12 Spring Break closer to college Spring Break condenses crowds. I live in CT and they do still take Easter into account when planning Spring Break because they like Good Friday to be attached to the week off, if possible.

Easter is so late this year that they are expecting a considerable drop-off at the parks the day after Easter. Usually the week before and after Easter see some degree of a spike.
That's good to hear since we are arriving for our first post-Covid trip the Tuesday after Easter....

philly97flyer

With the rollout of the new annual pass seemingly have been pushed to arrive in time for the 50th, I wonder if AP park reservations will eventually be replenished for October 1

Surferboy567

I haven’t seen clarification on this so I’ll ask it here. When does the pass start? For example if I buy the pass on September 8th, go to the park in December does this use year begin in December or September.

I ask this because I want to use this pass on a trip in December as well as a trip next November. Obviously, I want to make sure the use year is valid.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I haven’t seen clarification on this so I’ll ask it here. When does the pass start? For example if I buy the pass on September 8th, go to the park in December does this use year begin in December or September.

I ask this because I want to use this pass on a trip in December as well as a trip next November. Obviously, I want to make sure the use year is valid.
From what I understand (if it's a new AP), it starts when you activate it at the park.

Ayla

With the rollout of the new annual pass seemingly have been pushed to arrive in time for the 50th, I wonder if AP park reservations will eventually be replenished for October 1
Reservations for Oct 1st were replenished yesterday or today, but I'm not sure if AP's were included in that.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom