News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Chip Chipperson

Speaking of “variable” pricing on food, has anyone ever gotten a food discount or deal as one of the higher ups said was coming via Genie+?

The last time I used Mobile Order, I received my food and ate it without being poisoned. I'm not saying that the lack of poison is related to my G+ purchase, but I am saying that there's less incentive to poison the guests who spend more. If social media has taught me anything it's that there are dots that need to be connected. #justaskingquestions

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
I know the CFO is concerned about our waistlines, and thus they could be reducing portion sizes and food quality in an effort to help us poor, unwashed schlubs, but fear not! Coming soon - ILL for restaurant dishes!! Want to ensure you get that strip steak at dinner? For only $15 in the MDE app, you can reserve your dishes in advance! (Some exclusions apply. Not valid at all restaurants or all dishes. Valid park reservation and theme park admission not included.)

ToTBellHop

1668639069559.gif

Me, walking past you losers to the new, AP-exclusive gold tapstiles at MK that make it clear, once and for all, who is the damn Magic.

Don’t get too close or you’ll get burned by my Magic. And don’t even look at my popcorn bucket, you plebes.

Disstevefan1

View attachment 679168
Me, walking past you losers to the new, AP-exclusive gold tapstiles at MK that make it clear, once and for all, who is the damn Magic.

Don’t get too close or you’ll get burned by my Magic. And don’t even look at my popcorn bucket, you plebes.
Thats IF you are not blacked out and you can get park pass reservation. ;)
You said MK? Good luck getting a PPR for that park. ;)

MrPromey

Not sure about this, if you mean that the "capacity" for dining is still diminished- Look what they did with diminished ride capacity, I.E. Gennie +

Dining plan has nothing to-do with mobile ordering as it's the payment method, not what's ordered.
But it pushes people to food options they currently don't have enough staff to handle with "full" pricing, as-is.

There is no need or incentive for them to put more stress on that system to get people to spend more if they're already getting the money at full retail and don't have enough supply to cover the demand they're already dealing with.

This isn't anything like Genie+.

The whole point of the (paid) dining plan for Disney was to guarantee as close to full occupancy at their dining locations as much as possible but they've already got that right now without it and the primary selling point for guests was if you could stare Disney in the face without blinking and only go for the most expensive options every time while using everything, it was possible to save money over their inflated dining prices partially meant to make the plan look like a value.

They would need to come out with pricing for the plan that was such that nobody using it could ever come out ahead for it to make financial sense for them when they're already turning people away without it and then who in their right mind would even buy into it?*

*notice, I said who in their right mind would - not that nobody would because yes, there’s always somebody.

Last edited:

MrPromey

Down 55%+ since January 2021?

…when the first 12-18 months of that saw solid games for most companies?

Or are we only allowed to compare to krypto? 🤪

Not saying EPCOT-O.G. is one of those people but it's interesting how when we aren't happy about stuff and stocks are doing well, a certain crowd is quick to point out that Wall Street doesn't seem to agree with us (more than implying that we are clearly wrong for being unhappy as customers, Disney is a business, their only responsibility is to shareholders, etc.) and then when things take a turn, many of those same people are suddenly quick to point out how the stock value rarely has anything to do with the real value of a company, anyway, how it's an industry problem (that just so happens to be effecting Disney worse for some reason), etc.

It's like trying to nail Jell-O.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not saying EPCOT-O.G. is one of those people but it's interesting how when we aren't happy about stuff and stocks are doing well, a certain crowd is quick to point out that Wall Street doesn't seem to agree with us (more than implying that we are clearly wrong for being unhappy as customers, Disney is a business, their only responsibility is to shareholders, etc.) and then when things take a turn, many of those same people are suddenly quick to point out how the stock value rarely has anything to do with the real value of a company, anyway.

It's like trying to nail Jell-O.
Yeah…it’s what comes out of the business end of the bull.

And if anyone had the time/boredom…you could quote them talking against themselves.

Full loyalty to the emperor and Rome

MrPromey

How will they get people to work for them? Gasp, pay them?

According to someone who was very adamant in another thread, that is how the problem "takes care of itself" in an open market and yet here we are.

The only thing taking care of itself are guests.

... more and more in the parks and the resorts since they are the magic, I guess.

Last edited:

Demarke

Have I told you lately that I 👍 you?
Premium Member
The highest tier Disneyland AP includes Photopass. What are the odds that's returning to WDW APs?
When mine switched at renewal to Incredi-pass in August Photopass was $100 add on (to get you sort of close to the benefits of the old Platinum) and you could add another $100 for water parks and Oak Trail golf (close to equivalent of old Platinum Plus), are they not even offering it as an AP add on now?

jlhwdw

…cancellation of main gate is coming.

My next prediction
I have been saying this will happen at some point since I worked for the company from 2008-2014. Seeing the company chip away at Cast Member perks in the last 20 years, I have always thought this was inevitable. Everyone has always laughed at me for suggesting it, even as more and more restrictions have been placed on the passes.

I think if it happens the number of comp tickets given will go up. But they'll be much more in demand when the Cast Members need them for themselves.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I have been saying this will happen at some point since I worked for the company from 2008-2014. Seeing the company chip away at Cast Member perks in the last 20 years, I have always thought this was inevitable. Everyone has always laughed at me for suggesting it, even as more and more restrictions have been placed on the passes.

I think if it happens the number of comp tickets given will go up. But they'll be much more in demand when the Cast Members need them for themselves.
Yep…I was on the front end of that.
Difference then when they reduced training and perks is they actually thought about consequences.

That has been long over. The only thing that scares them now is minimum bodies available for revenue streams. If I had to make a somewhat educated guess?

ToTBellHop

Thats IF you are not blacked out and you can get park pass reservation. ;)
You said MK? Good luck getting a PPR for that park. ;)
I can go there any day after 2 pm (*except blockouts and hurricane closure dates), player!

And Epcot will take me any day of the year (
*except blockouts and hurricane closure dates), at 8:30 am, because I also stay on-site, son! Then, all it takes is a quick monorail ride over to MK, featuring me singing, from the monorail door that refuses to close, “The Sun will Come Out Tomorrow” to the guests literally and figuratively beneath me at the entrance.

1668656890103.gif

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom