News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Fido Chuckwagon

So I just got my call back from a second lady and the second lady I talked to also confirmed, after checking with a manager, that the renewal dates for the passes that are being sold today will be one year from today not one year from the first entry to the park. I asked her multiple different questions to make sure I was understanding her correctly and that she wasn't talking about the expiration date and she assured me I was understanding and this was accurate. She said this is new for the passes being sold starting today. Is there anyone that has bought a pass today able to confirm that is what you are seeing in your account?
I mean, I bought a new pass today despite the fact that my current pass hasn’t expired yet to take advantage of the fact that there is going to be a six month gap between trips. The new pass doesn’t show an expiration date yet.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
So I just got my call back from a second lady and the second lady I talked to also confirmed, after checking with a manager, that the renewal dates for the passes that are being sold today will be one year from today not one year from the first entry to the park. I asked her multiple different questions to make sure I was understanding her correctly and that she wasn't talking about the expiration date and she assured me I was understanding and this was accurate. She said this is new for the passes being sold starting today. Is there anyone that has bought a pass today able to confirm that is what you are seeing in your account?
This is the wording that Disney is using on the Terms and Conditions.

"For a new Pass purchase (not a renewal), a Pass is valid for applicable privileges for one (1) year from the date of use of the Pass for first entry into a Walt Disney World® Resort theme park. Pass privileges will not be available until such Pass is activated via park entry"

I've checked with some people who have bought today, and they do not yet see an expiration date in My Disney Experience. Which is what I would expect as the pass has not yet been used.

Dman245

I mean, I bought a new pass today despite the fact that my current pass hasn’t expired yet to take advantage of the fact that there is going to be a six month gap between trips. The new pass doesn’t show an expiration date yet.
I don't know. It really confused me because I have not seen it reported anywhere, including by Disney, that the passes were only being sold as "active" passes and they no longer needed to be activated to start the actual usage period before renewal, but I have had two different cast members tell me that over the phone now where before I completed by purchase. I hope for everyone that is buying these passes and expecting them to work as they have in the past that these ladies were wrong.

Dman245

This is the wording that Disney is using on the Terms and Conditions.

"For a new Pass purchase (not a renewal), a Pass is valid for applicable privileges for one (1) year from the date of use of the Pass for first entry into a Walt Disney World® Resort theme park. Pass privileges will not be available until such Pass is activated via park entry"

I've checked with some people who have bought today, and they do not yet see an expiration date in My Disney Experience. Which is what I would expect as the pass has not yet been used.
Is that from the Disney website? If so, could you send me a link? I asked the lady I talked to check the website because I have had other people send me similar statements, and she was willing to check the website and make sure that what they were telling people was accurate with what the website was saying, but I couldn't find it and the annual pass page is a waiting room. Also, could that statement be true and also what the ladies are telling me? It's just that Disney is only selling "Active" passes today and not the certificate. Technically that still follows the "Terms and Conditions." I really want to upgrade but I don't want a pass that is active starting today when I won't use the pass until June

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Is that from the Disney website? If so, could you send me a link? I asked the lady I talked to check the website because I have had other people send me similar statements, and she was willing to check the website and make sure that what they were telling people was accurate with what the website was saying, but I couldn't find it and the annual pass page is a waiting room. Also, could that statement be true and also what the ladies are telling me? It's just that Disney is only selling "Active" passes today and not the certificate. Technically that still follows the "Terms and Conditions." I really want to upgrade but I don't want a pass that is active starting today when I won't use the pass until June
Here you go

And everything sold today has been based on that.

donsullivan

Premium Member
I would not be surprised to see them make this sort of change at all. It was inevitable they would close the loophole of people buying multiple of them way in advance as a hedge against price increases.

Snoballego

I thought the release was tomorrow. 😩

Please don’t let wait times and rumors of being sold out discourage you from attempting to get what you would like.

I didn’t start today until 9:30AM ET and just let it do its thing in the background and checked periodically (not a very stressful experience to secure the Incredi-Pass for me).

When Disneyland reopened their Magic Keys a few years back, I completely forgot until after getting home from work and still got my first preference of Pass by 11:30PM local time.

Good Luck! And as always, I just like to reiterate that at least in my eyes that someone having/not having a certain AP Pass does not make you a better/bigger/lesser Disney fan (status wise) than anyone else.

It is a significant expense. So, if someone does miss out, please don’t get FoMo as there will be more opportunities down the road and as the future happens - you may actually end up getting better experiences with a different type of pass and shifting budget to exclusive events.

Just purchased my Pirate pass on monthly. Got in line about 9:30 Eastern and just got in about 5:30...annoying long, but just kept it up on my phone and checked periodically. I did get a callback from Disney hours ago and tried to do it that way but because I wanted to do a monthly plan they couldn't over the phone, sadly, because of the contract. But did finally get thru...I was only interested in the Pirate, but I feel like the Incredi one looked available but I cant speak for certainty

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
If I said they sold 25,000 unique new Incredi-Passes online today since 7AM ET, would you take the Over or Under?
Hmmmm…I’d probably take the over

BUT….these are $1500 annual passes.

The smith family from Denver didn’t find about about them today and decide to buy.

Everyone in a 4 hour virtual queue was a mark and Disney knew that by their account history.

If I know their intelligence bureau (and I do…)…
They are probably the most interested in watching the sales and cross referencing it with purchased passes in the past?
ie…how much loss/bleed?

Last edited:

Mireille

Premium Member
So I got my incredipass and called in to update my 7-night reservation in august, and after updates, it saved me $970. I got the addons, so I paid $1700 after tax, so overall, it cost me a bit over $700. And it'll be much more likely for me to book next year, and if I do, I'll definitely come out a tiny bit ahead. Ah well, I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom