News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

Dman245

So could someone tell me if this is accurate, I just got off the phone with a cast member as I was wanting to upgrade my seven-day pass to an incredipass and she informed me that they are only selling "live" passes? So the expiration date would start today not on the first day of use. Does that sound right? I ended up not buying because of that, but I have not seen that reported anywhere up until the phone call I just had.

Jonathan Wang

Disney/Monorail Nut
So could someone tell me if this is accurate, I just got off the phone with a cast member as I was wanting to upgrade my seven-day pass to an incredipass and she informed me that they are only selling "live" passes? So the expiration date would start today not on the first day of use. Does that sound right? I ended up not buying because of that, but I have not seen that reported anywhere up until the phone call I just had.
correct its always the day you purchase is when it starts for annuals

Dman245

Since when? I have had annual passes in the past and the renewal date was always based on the first day of use not the date of purchase. Now, I understand that there were expiration dates added to passes where they had to be "activated" and used the first time within a certain period, but the renewal date being set on the purchase date seems to be new.

Squishy

Pretty sure for online ones it starts the day you activate it in person.
1682020940071.png

pdude81

Since when? I have had annual passes in the past and the renewal date was always based on the first day of use not the date of purchase. Now, I understand that there were expiration dates added to passes where they had to be "activated" and used the first time within a certain period, but the renewal date being set on the purchase date seems to be new.
I think that is the confusion here. When you purchase a certificate, it has an expiration date one year from today. As soon as you activate it, however, the expiration is one year from that. Any departure from this would be new territory.

Dman245

I think that is the confusion here. When you purchase a certificate, it has an expiration date one year from today. As soon as you activate it, however, the expiration is one year from that. Any departure from this would be new territory.
The lady I talked to definitely said my "renewal" date would be the date of purchase, today, and not the date of first use! However, I just called back and talked to someone else and she told me that is not accurate so now I am waiting for a callback to complete the upgrade.

Zummi Gummi

Pioneering the Universe Within!
Assuming it's true, I'm shocked the highest level (and most expensive) would be the pass to sell out first. I assumed they'd cut off the Pirate first and try to upsell people to Incredipass.

Diznyfan

Assuming it's true, I'm shocked the highest level (and most expensive) would be the pass to sell out first. I assumed they'd cut off the Pirate first and try to upsell people to Incredipass.
You figure though the Incredipass is the only one available to out of state and in state residents-perhaps this may be why it could sell out first.

Gillyanne

The lady I talked to definitely said my "renewal" date would be the date of purchase, today, and not the date of first use! However, I just called back and talked to someone else and she told me that is not accurate so now I am waiting for a callback to complete the upgrade.

Some of them could be conflating upgrading unused tickets with used tickets. IIRC when you upgrade a ticket that has already been used/started (with at least 1 unused day remaining) the renewal date would be the date you used the first day of said ticket.

EG: Have a 7 day ticket, Used day 1 on 2/1 (2 on 2/2 etc) and go to upgrade on 2/5, the date for the AP would be 2/1

Dman245

So I just got my call back from a second lady and the second lady I talked to also confirmed, after checking with a manager, that the renewal dates for the passes that are being sold today will be one year from today not one year from the first entry to the park. I asked her multiple different questions to make sure I was understanding her correctly and that she wasn't talking about the expiration date and she assured me I was understanding and this was accurate. She said this is new for the passes being sold starting today. Is there anyone that has bought a pass today able to confirm that is what you are seeing in your account?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom