News Walt Disney World to resume sales of Annual Passes (New sales resume April 20, 2023)

SaucyBoy

In the Parks
No
I'm sure there's gotta be some super elite 1%er pass that no one knows about unless you've got connections
We bit the bullet and renewed today. Better to have it now than risk not being able to buy it again in the future!! Sorcerer Tier which works perfectly with my school schedule.

pdude81

When the passes came back, WRT to reservations/blackouts, it also states

has anyone seen this actually happen? Curious if they really do it and what type of bonus is it? is it a day that would otherwise be blackout is now not, or is it if you have all your allotted reservations booked, you'll have an extra one still within your regularly non-blackout days?

Just curious of the likelihood that my birthday (which falls on a weekend this year, and we have pixie dust) may open up for me to go day of.
I'm 99% sure the reason for bonus days is that for when they expect few others to be in attendance, so they'll be glad to fill the space with a warm body and hope you spend some additional money.

Gillyanne

I'm 99% sure the reason for bonus days is that for when they expect few others to be in attendance, so they'll be glad to fill the space with a warm body and hope you spend some additional money.

Yeah that's what I figured direct quote from what I sent my friend earlier

"but more like a "we need people in the park this day, let's open up some blackouts" vs. "oh it's your birthday here you go" type of thing"

We're just kinda hoping the "oh we need people" may coincide with my pre holiday/pre half marathon weekend birthday day...

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
So you get an annual pass with Club 33 membership? thats cool

Fistful of tickets too

I think you get several... basically it covers a family but maybe it’s just for your partner? Not sure. Used to be Premier passes, not sure if you still get a pass to the opposite coast or not.

And basically unlimited park pass reservations with no blackouts/blocks

There are some tours included each year. I would expect they have a different number to call for service than the general reservations line, but don't know for sure.

It’s not unlimited but they do get VIP tours included

We have a very good friend who is Club 33 (their family benefitted greatly from an unexpected insurance payout, thus...). Here's the details as I understand them (not a comprehensive or gospel list, but best I know it FYI):
  • $33k for the first year
  • $10k to renew each year (like AP, if you don't renew you have to start over with the $33k)
  • Premier (no blackout, unlimited park hopping) Annual Pass for member, spouse and all children under 26
  • Park Pass reservations for all 4 parks every day-no need to book, and you can park hop any time-no waiting until 2pm
  • 50 additional 1-day park hopper tickets to share with friends and family
  • Private concierge service - yes, their own phone number
  • 5 full day VIP tours each year
  • Club access in each park (and the food and drink prices in the club are pretty reasonable)
  • Instant lightning lane access

Last edited:

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
More to the topic of the thread... we are currently on the phone with DVC renewing annual passes and trying to change pass type. Hoping things happen as we want them to.

pdude81

We have a very good friend who is Club 33 (their family benefitted greatly from an unexpected insurance payout, thus...). Here's the details as I understand them (not a comprehensive or gospel list, but best I know it FYI):
  • $33k for the first year
  • $10k to renew each year (like AP, if you don't renew you have to start over with the $33k)
  • Premier (no blackout, unlimited park hopping) Annual Pass for member, spouse and all children under 26
  • Park Pass reservations for all 4 parks every day-no need to book, and you can park hop any time-no waiting until 2pm
  • 50 additional 1-day park hopper tickets to share with friends and family
  • Private concierge service - yes, their own phone number
  • 5 full day VIP tours each year
  • Club access in each park (and the food and drink prices in the club are pretty reasonable)
  • Instant lightning lane access for each attraction once a day (some limitations on this, but not sure exactly what they are right now) up to 5 attractions per park (and if lines are not long, CMs can allow for more)
And it's non-transferable, so don't try to get that rich uncle to buy in and then put it in his will!!!
My understanding was that this was the buy in at launch but it had gotten more expensive, plus it debuted with a 15k annual renewal. Also it was at that point significantly more anytime fastpasses per ticket and I'd expect that to be the same with LL, but can't speak to the current program. But most of what you said tracks with informal discussions I've had with members.

At least they can get APs though, haha. I haven't cancelled any of mine yet so it's been smooth sailing. You should be fine switching types in your renewal window. However, they have been very strict with the renewal window for buying the certificates.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Ohh. Keep us posted? Which one do you have now, and what are you trying to switch to?

We had the Premium, which is now the Incredi-Pass, and are moving to what used to be the Gold and is now the Sorcerer's Pass. At least... I think that's right. Evidently that has to be done by someone higher up the DVC food chain than the normal call center CMs, so we are on hold for a while.

pdude81

We had the Premium, which is now the Incredi-Pass, and are moving to what used to be the Gold and is now the Sorcerer's Pass. At least... I think that's right. Evidently that has to be done by someone higher up the DVC food chain than the normal call center CMs, so we are on hold for a while.
They seem to have to put you on hold for anything of substance these days, but the typical MS CM should be able to sell you a renewal voucher/certificate for any of the pass types within the applicable window.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
They seem to have to put you on hold for anything of substance these days, but the typical MS CM should be able to sell you a renewal voucher/certificate for any of the pass types within the applicable window.
Her first comment upon us telling her what we needed was that 'for some reason, they are now requiring us to have a manager on the line to complete the annual pass renewal' - so, it sounded like she wasn't even sure why that was happening. We are now on a back and forth with the MS CM and the manager, but it should be done shortly.

brifraz

Marching along...
Premium Member
Ohh. Keep us posted? Which one do you have now, and what are you trying to switch to?

Done. Everything successful, just took about an hour and fifteen minutes (initial wait time was about 10 minutes).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom