News Walt Disney World to End Temperature Checks

The Visionary Soul

Original Poster
Walt Disney World will be ending both Guest and Cast temperature checks in the coming weeks. The last day for Employee (Cast & Imagineer) temperature checks will be on May 7th and May 15th will be the last day checking the temperatures of Guests. This is most likely in response to Orange County, Florida’s Chief Medical Officer, who said not only are they a complete waste of time, but also a misuse of resources since many parks are using qualified medical personnel or security to conduct such checks.

Updated with Official Notice from Disney on dates.

Last edited:

danlb_2000

Premium Member
From the COVID thread...

1620251815381.png

TTA94

Will be nice to have the Disney Springs garage parking spots freed up again. Expect I don’t know how the new bag screening will work?

disneygeek90

Will be nice to have the Disney Springs garage parking spots freed up again. Expect I don’t know how the new bag screening will work?
That’s my thought too. I wonder if they’ll just add them at all garage exit points. I think they’ll want to keep the security in place.

FormerMember

This really took up very little time but created yet another line and congregating space of guests. Good move.

As things rapidly get announced to return, can we PLEASE have resort package delivery back? It’s one of the best “little” perks of being an on-site guest. The unsung hero, IMHO.
Need the staff to come back for this.

sullyinMT

Need the staff to come back for this.
... and for Cape May. And Tusker. And dinner shift for CM. Probably needed a few staff for the recently extended summer hours in the parks.

It’s just a wishlist of things we’d like to see in this rapid-fire chain of events that shows WDW is feeling the pressure to provide value to the experience again.

mickeymiss

Does this mean that they end on the 15th and no checks at all on the 16th? Interesting as I'll be there for the 14th so we will have temp checks for two days of our trip lol.

disneygeek90

Does this mean that they end on the 15th and no checks at all on the 16th? Interesting as I'll be there for the 14th so we will have temp checks for two days of our trip lol.
Sounds like it to me. I currently have a reservation for Epcot on the 16th so I’ll see then as well.

FormerMember

... and for Cape May. And Tusker. And dinner shift for CM. Probably needed a few staff for the recently extended summer hours in the parks.

It’s just a wishlist of things we’d like to see in this rapid-fire chain of events that shows WDW is feeling the pressure to provide value to the experience again.
True. But I feel like resort delivery is way down the list when they start role call ya know?

kpilcher

Universal Orlando confirms to News 6 WKMG-TV/ClickOrlando.com that it is eliminating all Temperature checks as of tomorrow (May 6th).
It is also dropping social distancing tomorrow to three feet (down from 6).
Disney and AdventHealth have called a news conference tomorrow at 10AM EDT for what they call a major announcement, but a Disney spokesperson told us it has nothing to do with the temperature screenings.
We still have not heard from SeaWorld Entertainment.

We are also posting updates as they come in. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything else major.

mickeymiss

Universal Orlando confirms to News 6 WKMG-TV/ClickOrlando.com that it is eliminating all Temperature checks as of tomorrow (May 6th).
It is also dropping social distancing tomorrow to three feet (down from 6).
Disney and AdventHealth have called a news conference tomorrow at 10AM EDT for what they call a major announcement, but a Disney spokesperson told us it has nothing to do with the temperature screenings.
We still have not heard from SeaWorld Entertainment.

We are also posting updates as they come in. I'll let everyone know if I hear anything else major.

Do you think they would get rid of masks so soon after saying that they don't plan on changing much? This is starting to stress me out. We literally go in a week and masks were a must for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom